Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Hypershock Broadheads? >

Hypershock Broadheads?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Hypershock Broadheads?

Old 09-11-2007, 02:26 PM

Default Hypershock Broadheads?

My friend and I were at Bass Pro for their Fall Hunting Spectacular, and one of the reps. from Hypershock( not sure if thats the model name or the company name) was there. He talked my friend into buying a pack of their mechanical broadheads.

We never heard of them before and were curious, so we started looking at what he had. I gotta admit he put on one good show(as he should cause thats what they get paid for), and showed us pics and and everything.

My question to you guys is, Do any of you use them? and if so how do you like them?or why don't you use them? The 125 grain has a cutting diameter of 2 and three quarters of an inch! But one drawback I noticed and didnt bother to ask wasthat there had to be an exit wound(passthru) for a blood trail, since they don't open till inside the animal. So if it wasnt a passthru, it seems you would have a hard time tracking a blood trail.
Old 09-11-2007, 03:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Hypershock Broadheads?

A friend of mine took a buck with one last year. He made a good shot, double lung from 37 yards.We were hunting a cut corn field and saw it go down, which is good because there was 0 blood. No pass through and very small entry hole. WIth them being so large in diameter, they soak up a ton of energy on opening and any impacts with bone take up even more, thus making a pass through tough to get. IMO they are a better turkey head and there are better expandables on the market for deer, like Tekan II or Rage heads. No doubt the Hypershock will kill a deer, but from my experience, that large of a diameter is hard to get a pass through with.
Old 09-11-2007, 03:41 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Hypershock Broadheads?

I would agree Hypershocks a much better choice for turkey than deer. Even then though why lose the entrance wound? I would choose RckyMtn GatorXPs for an expandable.