Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Aftershock Hypershock....? >

Aftershock Hypershock....?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Aftershock Hypershock....?

Old 10-02-2008, 08:35 AM

Default Aftershock Hypershock....?

I am looking for some info on these heads. I tried doing a search but for some reason, I can not get it to work! Can you tell me your experiences with them good and bad. I have never hunted with them abut have shot them. They fly extremely well! I also seen in Bowhunting World mag the write up they did on different mechanicals. They seemed to have fared well.

I only know of one person that has killed deer with them. A doe and a 1 1/2 yr old 6 pt. Shot just minutes apart in almost the same spot @ 10 yds slight 1/4 away. He never got pass throughs with his set up. I think they might of hit bone on oppisite side. But I feel he should of. The only thing was his arrows were on the light side, but getting about 65 ft/lbs of KE. I also have heard that if hit in shoulder there is no blood. I figured that with any head.

Anyways, give me some feed back. Thanks for the input!
Old 10-02-2008, 09:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Aftershock Hypershock....?

Good luck, I posted the same thing yesterday. Must not be many using these heads?[&:]
Old 10-03-2008, 02:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

They did fairly well in my tests. Your always going to get a small entrance wound due the the design but they do penetrate well and are pretty durable.
Old 10-03-2008, 06:00 AM

I have the 100 grain variety on my arrows this year. The only negative I can see is the entrance hole, but......Those blades are going to do some significant damage when they open. Hopefully I'll find out how they do this weekend. The blades are thick, which should make them pretty sturdy.
Old 10-03-2008, 08:46 AM

Thanks 5 Shot for the info. There is a small part of me wanting to try them. I have my quiver full of Grim Reapers now and have Rocket Steelheads too. Can you pleeeeaassseeee tell me how the Reapers faredto theHypershock? I remember in the past how you felt about the Steelheads. Thanks if you can!!!!
Old 10-04-2008, 02:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

I would put the reapers and hypershocks in the same catagory. They have similar penetration and performance and I feel both will get the job done if you do your part.
Old 10-04-2008, 06:10 AM

I read an article in bowhunting world were they tested a bunch of 100 gr. mechanicals and it did very well with good penitration through cement board flying several yards past. The blades are curved to slice instead of chop allowing the head to conserve more kinetic energy. These would be great for lower poundage bows. Hope this helps and good luck to you.