Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

HYPERSHOCK 125

Old 05-23-2004, 06:32 PM
Typical Buck

Default HYPERSHOCK 125

Just wondering if anyone else is as hyped as I am to try these new broadheads out. Man, they seem to be awesome in design! Anyone have them yet to give a like/dislike opinion?
Old 05-25-2004, 05:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: HYPERSHOCK 125

They look devastating but i think i'll let other people test them before i buy any--i'm happy with my muzzy's now.
Old 05-25-2004, 07:13 PM
Typical Buck

I think 5 shot trialed the 100grs and they tested good except for the blade broke when exiting the steel drum. The manufacturer told him that they were not the blades that the consumers would buy since he recieved them free at the ata show I think. I am gonna buy a 3 pack myself and give them a try. I got a deflection of my spitfires last year.
Old 05-25-2004, 07:20 PM
Boone & Crockett

I find it kind of amusing that the aftershock is becoming so popular but just over a year ago no one had anything good to say about Tri-Triska or Sonoran broadheads which have had the same design out for a good many years now. The Tri-Triska even sharpened the back side of the blades to that they would slice a hole on entrance then open up fully after initial penetration.

Marketing marketing marketing. If you put enough cool looking pictures in an ad and say it "flys like a field point" they will buy it.

While 5shot does an exceptional job testing broadheads and his information is invaluable the tests that he does didn't exactly put this head through nearly the punishment that it does on a head that is opened upon entrance. If a broadhead like that one won't penetrate through ply wood and a steel drum something is very wrong, the blades aren't even open.
Old 05-25-2004, 10:04 PM

Yes the HyperShock is awesome and in no way shape or form is this brodhead even close in any way to the triska or sonoran. You must take a second look and read the info on it and hold it in your hand. The AfterShock people have made a NEW TYPE OF BROADHEAD! Take a look at the Hog they shot it is on Archery Talk 550# AWESOME!!
Old 05-25-2004, 10:11 PM

BIG BULL you must have the test results of the HyperShock mixed up with other heads 5 shot shoots. He shot all the same stuff with the HyperShock that he shot with all the other heads.

Or are you saying because of the design the HyperShock as an unfare advantage over other broadheads?
Old 05-25-2004, 10:42 PM
Typical Buck

Same product.. new name. Been around for years. Still won't use it...
Old 05-25-2004, 10:50 PM
Boone & Crockett

It is very near identacle to the Triska and Sonoran. All three have blades enclosed inside the furrel. All three have tabs in the rear of the blades that force the blades open after the main part of the blade has entered the animal. The only differences are the number of blades, the cutting diameter, and the shape of the blades. They still function the same way.

What's the difference between the way these two heads operate?

Or are you saying because of the design the HyperShock as an unfare advantage over other broadheads?
That's exactly what I am saying. The blades don't have to do anything while the furrel passes through a 1/16th piece of steel or a 1/2 in piece of plywood. They stay closed so they avoid any damage. A good durability test for this head would be to strech out a piece of leather about three inches in front of the ply wood and the steel drum. Granted the design specifically saves the blades for the soft tissue but there are those marginal shots that can quickly become really bad shots if the blades will not stay intact.

Don't get me wrong I like the idea of delayed opening blades. It's just that no one else had anything good to say about them when I asked about the Triska and the Sonoran a while back. The general concensus was that a delayed opening head was the about the worse design ever.

However, after saying all of that, with the fixed blade designs that are out today, like slick trick, Wasp bullet, RM iron head 100, montec, Magnus stinger and others, and as good as they fly even at high speeds I really don't see any reason at all to use any mechanical.
Old 05-26-2004, 01:19 PM

It is very near identacle to the Triska and Sonoran. All three have blades enclosed inside the furrel.
Big BULL
The HyperShock BLADES ARE NOT "NOT" ENCLOSED IN THE FURREL. That is what the major problem was with the heads of the past. The HyperShock blades pass though the body with the sharp side sticking out of the farrell and when compressed the tips of the blades expand out fast, and that is just one difference this is not at all like any broadhead you have seen. You must know all the facts before comparing broadheads to broadheads. Go to there web site and read all the differences the HyperShock will blow you away!
Old 05-26-2004, 07:47 PM

No thanks, I'll use what I used last year and the year before that. Don't matter how much you try to advertise your broadhead on these forums. I won't use it.. Why don't you give it a rest now..

Quick Reply: HYPERSHOCK 125

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.