Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What is the dumbest thing.... >

What is the dumbest thing....

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What is the dumbest thing....

Old 08-24-2007, 07:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: What is the dumbest thing....

Here's another one...

It was late last fall when i drove up to my property. I hurried to my stand (about 3/8 mile away) because I was a little bit late. I walked into my field and I see this guy sitting my stand. Just so happens this guy was trespassing deliberatley--"he knew I was coming today" (then why was he sitting my stand?). I told him to come down. I told him that I wasn't goin to call the warden this time, but I better never catch him on the property again. This guy must be drop dead stupid... this is exactly what he told me: "Well you should call me before you hunt your stand so we don't have this problem again"

I called the warden right then.
Old 08-24-2007, 07:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

great ones guys..Chrish H...what did the warden do??? curious
Old 08-24-2007, 07:55 PM

I guess the best one I can think of happen to me two years ago. I was sitting in one of my blinds that was setup right beside our property fence row. About 10am a guy about 27 to 30 I guess comes driving buy on the other side of the fence on a 4 wheeler. He gets out, crosses the fence and walks straight up to my blind. I look at him and say "can I help you with something"? He said...naa I was just wandering if anybody was in that thing. Said he never saw one up close and thought it was pretty cool. I proceeded to tell him I was trying to hunt. He looked at me and said, well I'll get out of here but tomorrow if I come by do you mind if I sit in there with you for awhile and watch? I just looked at him and assured him me or the blind wouldnt be back there again tomorrow.
Old 08-24-2007, 07:58 PM

why not introduce the great sport of hunting to him?
Old 08-24-2007, 08:09 PM

That would have been fine and dandy but at the time I was working 12 hours a day 6 days a week and had worked my a$$ off putting out food plots and my Hunting time was very valuable during those days. And besides, you just had to be there on this one. I live in a place where everyone knows everyone and I had never laid eyes on this guy in my life. I didnt want him to think it was ok to come onto my farm any time he pleased. He struck me as someone that would shoot anything anytime he felt like it.

And besides........I'll give a man the shirt off my back if he needs it but you hunt my property by invite only.
Old 08-24-2007, 08:19 PM
OGW

The Dumbest thing I've ever heard:

I've had a guy walk up to me in the afternoon and ask me if I had any extra bullets..he was out and willing topay for them. I asked him how many he carried in with him that morning...he said "12"[:-]
I proceeded to remind him that it was BOWHUNTING SEASON!!!!!!!!

Old 08-24-2007, 08:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

This one always cracks me up - "did you catch one?"
Old 08-24-2007, 08:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

last year i head shot this doe and it blew pretty much all the head off all that was left was the bottom jaw, i was dragging it to the truck and this guy stands up walks prolly 80 yards and we started talking he kept looking at my deer.... then he said So where did you hit it??

Ryan.
Old 08-24-2007, 08:57 PM
Fork Horn

I was talking to a non-hunting friend of mine at work one day and another fellow walked up to listen in. The listener then proceeded to tell me that he and his brother used to hunt deer on their fathers farm. He gave it up after a fawn walked up to him because he was sitting so still. It was so curious that it LICKED him on the face. Said he just couldn't shoot deer anymore after that.

Why do some people feel that they have to lie? Gah!
Old 08-24-2007, 10:02 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: OGW

The Dumbest thing I've ever heard:

I've had a guy walk up to me in the afternoon and ask me if I had any extra bullets..he was out and willing topay for them. I asked him how many he carried in with him that morning...he said "12"[:-]
I proceeded to remind him that it was BOWHUNTING SEASON!!!!!!!!
Wow!! I woulda fell outta my stand lauphing at the idiot (or quickly dialed the game warden on his thug ass)

Quick Reply: What is the dumbest thing....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.