Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What is the dumbest thing.... >

What is the dumbest thing....

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What is the dumbest thing....

Old 08-24-2007, 10:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: What is the dumbest thing....

Someone told me once that his grand father shot a deer and dropped it stone cold in tis tracks...........dead for 15 mins then he said when his grandfather strattled the deer to take a picture it got up and ran away with a 200 pound man on its back............some poeple bug me
Old 08-24-2007, 10:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

The warden gave ol' bociefus a good 15 minute lecture, did the background check, checked his license, all that good stuff, and gave him a fine. (miraculously it was his first offense)
Old 08-24-2007, 11:15 PM
Typical Buck

just last year i was getting ready for a pre rut evening hunt and prepared to set up my decoy. It was lying in front of me and i was getting ready to stand it up when i noticed a couple farm hands on their way back to fix a fence and rolled down their winder' an' said: wut'd ya git?? i proceeded to stand the decoy up and put the antlers on it and held it in a pose, they just chuckled and proceeded to ruin my hunt by talking in an excessively loud tone as they wanted to know every little detail about the decoy! so's that lure em in good??? how much dat cost?? man you boys sure are serious about yer huntin!! ugh!
Old 08-24-2007, 11:35 PM
Fork Horn

I was getting my gear together on the side of the road at our property one evening before a hunt and a lady come walking her dog down the street. I make eye contact soI feel as ifI need to say "hello". She just looks at me all nasty and says "I cant believe your going tokill one of those poor little animals" and keeps walking in her LEATHER jacket and LEATHER boots. I just said nice leather coat and boots you got on and waved good by to her. That really ticked her off.

Jason
Old 08-24-2007, 11:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Score one for the good guys.

ORIGINAL: Pass_Thru

I was getting my gear together on the side of the road at our property one evening before a hunt and a lady come walking her dog down the street. I make eye contact soI feel as ifI need to say "hello". She just looks at me all nasty and says "I cant believe your going tokill one of those poor little animals" and keeps walking in her LEATHER jacket and LEATHER boots. I just said nice leather coat and boots you got on and waved good by to her. That really ticked her off.

Jason

Ryan.
Old 08-24-2007, 11:49 PM

ORIGINAL: Diesel77

This one always cracks me up - "did you catch one?"
me 2 i get that one alot more about turkey hunting tho. LMAO i always reply with a "yep, when i saw him coming in, i just stood up, and took off runnin after him, i guess i just got lucky when i caught up to him and grabbed em by the neck"
Old 08-25-2007, 02:08 AM

"Why do you bowhunt?Hunting with a gun is a lot easier." I gave him a good chewing out for that one. Don't get me wrong i likerifle hunting but this guy was asking for it, since you could tell he was one of the morons we are all talking about
Old 08-25-2007, 04:47 AM
Dominant Buck

"These spikes need taken out of the herd"

[:@]

Old 08-25-2007, 03:42 PM

Reading these reminded me of another occurrence. I was hunting a National Forest land--th elast time--and I had already moved twice becasue of peope coming in at daylight, clanging stands, shining their flashlights up trees, while talking outloud, and one guy , later came walking up within 50 yards of me. I was crouched down trying to figure how to best salvage wgat oppurtunitit I had left. When he saw me, he stopped, looked kind of insecure and lost and proceeded to crouch in teh same position as I was in. He then looke dat me further, and turned in the same direction. I was puzzled, to say the least, and I repositioned my self, and he imitated me again! I can't quit efigure, to this day,what that was all about. I moved--again,and I sat for a while, and I heard a noise like a critter scampering up a bank. I heard it again, and then several more times. I eased over toward teh sound, and I nearly rolled on the ground in disbelief.I didn't know wheter to laugh or cry. Here was this guy, who couldn't have been more than 5' 1" or so, weighed down with a climber,and gear, and he was trying to come up out of a swale!! He would go back, get a running start, and nearly make it to the top,and couldn't get enough momentum to get over the hump!!!!I watched him repeat this 4 or 5 times,run, run, run, run, and then run out of steam to have to do it again! I never saw him make it out!! All of ths before lunch time tehsame day. I never did hear about a missing hunter, so I assume he finally made it. I couldn't bring myself to embarass him by letting him know I was there!!!!! I have never returned to public land since.
Old 08-25-2007, 04:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Here's your sign!

Quick Reply: What is the dumbest thing....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.