Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What is the dumbest thing.... >

What is the dumbest thing....

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What is the dumbest thing....

Old 08-24-2007, 05:05 PM

Default What is the dumbest thing....

..that you have ever heard another hunter say to you---about hunting that is?
I was sighting in a new cope at a range,and started at the 50 yard section. I fired a couple of rounds, and noticed a couple real intelligent guys standing behind me, and overheard their conversation. It went something like, 'I wonder why he's over here shooting that gun instead of at the 200 yard range? Yeah, he must not be planning on shootin' no big deer!! If I have to explain it, then confess--it was you that day wasn't it?
Old 08-24-2007, 05:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: What is the dumbest thing....

Sadly I've heard all kinds of dumb things

I don't feel a doe ever needs to be shot, maybe down around the farms where there are lots of em, but not up here in the mountains where they have more food.

I want to use a crossbow for its knockdown power so I don't have to track a deer.

Many more things but I am drawing a blank after these 2.
Old 08-24-2007, 05:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Pet peeves rolls up in a tractor while I'm hunting a certain stand. He just waves and keeps on riding around for no reason. I get out and tell him to leave, and this is what he tells me: "If anything, this will attract the deer. They'll be curious and big bucks will come and see what it is. They'll probably follow me too, so its ok if I just ride around."

He's not being serious is he?
Old 08-24-2007, 05:36 PM

While hunting with my little brother on our Ranch, my cousin walks up behind us from about 50 yards and screams, Did you guys see any deers yet?!!!
Old 08-24-2007, 05:37 PM
Fork Horn

While sighting a rifle in one day I was about through when 2 grown men and 3 younguns pulled to sight a couple in-- I was using pillows off a old couch anda jacket laid on the hood of my truck-the one fellow started shooting offhand and adjusting his sights(others fellows gun)after shooting about 10 times I asked if he wanted to use my prop since i was through---He quickly told me that "HE DIDN'T SIGHT IN GUNS FROM A REST, CAUSE THERE WASN'T NO PROPS OUT IN THE WOODS"--- I decided it was time to go!!!
Old 08-24-2007, 05:41 PM
Fork Horn

Last year, I was draggin a big fat doe out to my truck and noticed this guy standin there with a bunch of camera stuff, must of been a bird watcher or something.

I get right up to him and he said with out missin a beat" I'm sorry for makin that deer run twards you but you didnt have to shoot it".
Old 08-24-2007, 05:54 PM
Fork Horn

wow.... I my buddy had the same thing happen with the tractor...but his was a lawn mower....

I was riding towards this spot with the guy who's land i was hunting and we get to where he could have parked and he just keeps driving down the trail.... i asked him what he was doing and he says "The truck won't scare the deer as much as you walking on the trail would..." As a lound pop comes from his truck.... we ran over a little tree [:'(][:'(][:'(] got to love the smart people
Old 08-24-2007, 06:06 PM

omg all funny stuff,

my neighbor was like

deer over here bam, deer over there bam , deer coming at me bam bam, he was out of it. He was huntign with a gun.
Old 08-24-2007, 06:10 PM

Had a customer come in a week or so back and while talking he said something along the lines of "I haven't shot a doe in probably ten years. Shooting does doesn't do anything to help the herd anyway."

Old 08-24-2007, 06:53 PM

I have two that come to mind...

Hunter #1 (ran into on an online voice chat): Claiming that game laws in every state are only meant for public hunting grounds and that private land owners can shoot as many deer whenever they want to on their own private land. Claimed that if the deer walks on his property it becomes a part of his property and that it was like choosing whether or not to mow the grass or cut down the trees on his property. Claimed him and all his neighbors hunt their own properties year round like this without any need for a hunting license. [&:] If I knew this guy's exact location I'd be having an Ohio game warden over to his house in a heartbeat! [:@]

Hunter #2: Claiming the best shot on a deer or elk was to aim for their back hip. Tried to tell me all the outfitters he's ever been to for elk and deer hunting told him that's where to aim instead of the vitals. At first thought he was joking, but he was dead serious and he actually had the gull to say that aiming for the vitals like I do is more prone to losing animals than how he hunts. [>:]

Hunter #2 (again): Claiming that his father killed and gutted a deer and while driving home with it in the back of the truck jumped up and ran away and lived. Again thought he was joking, but he was dead serious and couldn't understand why I started laughing and couldn't believe him.

Quick Reply: What is the dumbest thing....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.