Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Update, short season: >

Update, short season:

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Update, short season:

Old 08-22-2007, 05:40 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default Update, short season:

Hi yall, just wanting to keep you all up to date. Thanks to Gr8att2d for keeping update on his process since he's over a month ahead of me in his Achilles tendon rupture.

I went today to the surgeon for an update and checkup. He ended up cutting my split off which felt sooooooo good. Once off I looked back and down at my leg to see a 6" cut with about 20 staples in my skin. Ouch, it did not look good. The wife was a little shocked. Well he pulled all 20 staples out.....OUCH is an understatement, man did it sting.

I had a choice of cast colors and he said they no longer had camo so this was as close as I could get. This is my very first hard cast. I know most don't give a damn about it but we share so much here.

The doc mentioned I already have my note to be off 3 months from work, he said today, it might be longer....I don't know...we'll see.

According to Gr8, he's ahead of shedule. I hope I am too. I learned that I didn't rip it off my heel, I did indeed break it in two slightly above the heel. It'll be a slow process, the cast is on for 6 weeks according to the doc, that's into the of Sept then physical therapy, I'm still shooting for a ful 2 weeks in a treestand come Nov....maybe sooner. Keep the prayers guys. Thanks.
Old 08-22-2007, 05:42 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Update, short season:

We will

Did they shave your leg? Sexy[:-]
Old 08-22-2007, 05:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Get better, Rob!

Germ, think his other one is like that too?
Nontypical Buck

Get well soon!

Really!

The seasons coming! [X(]

You got em Rob.

Sexy indeed...
Old 08-22-2007, 05:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

You just keep doing what the doc tells you. Remember this is not the first one he has seen. He has a little more experiance with these than you do. But that being said, you know your body better than he does.

Iimagine it will be slow progress for a while. But you will start to see some results when the physical therapy starts. That might be where you can gain some time. Best of luck, Rob.
Old 08-22-2007, 05:54 PM

Crutches and ground blinds!!!
Old 08-22-2007, 05:55 PM
Typical Buck

good luck and i hope you have a full recovery by the way cant u get into the woods to a ground blind on crutches ive seen it done before and as long as youre not really mountain climbing it should work
Old 08-22-2007, 06:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Do like the doc's say, hopefully you'll be on your feet soon.
Old 08-22-2007, 07:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

you better have you a good wire clothes hanger.... your gonna need it. i broke my wrist last year, had to have my first cast itchy...very itchy. dont get it wet whatever you do man the smell is awful,

Quick Reply: Update, short season:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.