HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Update, short season:
View Single Post
Old 08-22-2007, 05:40 PM
Rob/PA Bowyer
Boone & Crockett

Default Update, short season:

Hi yall, just wanting to keep you all up to date. Thanks to Gr8att2d for keeping update on his process since he's over a month ahead of me in his Achilles tendon rupture.

I went today to the surgeon for an update and checkup. He ended up cutting my split off which felt sooooooo good. Once off I looked back and down at my leg to see a 6" cut with about 20 staples in my skin. Ouch, it did not look good. The wife was a little shocked. Well he pulled all 20 staples out.....OUCH is an understatement, man did it sting.

I had a choice of cast colors and he said they no longer had camo so this was as close as I could get. This is my very first hard cast. I know most don't give a damn about it but we share so much here.

The doc mentioned I already have my note to be off 3 months from work, he said today, it might be longer....I don't know...we'll see.

According to Gr8, he's ahead of shedule. I hope I am too. I learned that I didn't rip it off my heel, I did indeed break it in two slightly above the heel. It'll be a slow process, the cast is on for 6 weeks according to the doc, that's into the of Sept then physical therapy, I'm still shooting for a ful 2 weeks in a treestand come Nov....maybe sooner. Keep the prayers guys. Thanks.