Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Update, short season: >

Update, short season:

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Update, short season:

Old 08-23-2007, 06:57 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Update, short season:

Rob, When my cast went on they told me 6 weeks too. But my next appointment was in 3 weeks and he took it off then. When do you go back? Staples huh? I never had those..but I told ya, when they took my stitches out ooooowwwwwie.
Mine was half off the heel and it took a chunk of bone with it and the other half broke above the heel. Mine looks and feels good. It's still weak and slightly swollen still at the internally stitched area. I'm taking some steps here and there without the boot [:-]. But a week from today I should be done with the boot. So I'm not really rushing anything.

Hope you got a shower witth those corner seats. Man that's a pain. Double garbage bag and a couple good rubber bands.

I hope your recovery goes as well as mine and your schedule gets bumped up. What the heck would we have done without our wives.My mother-in-law even brought me a bell in case I needed anything I could ring it for Lori....My wife, looked at her mom, and said, "What the hell were you thinking?" lol But she was a saint through the whole ordeal. We played alot of scrabble!

Old 08-23-2007, 07:09 AM
Dominant Buck

Hope you got a shower witth those corner seats. Man that's a pain. Double garbage bag and a couple good rubber bands.
Broke my fibula in '94....and perfected the shower scene. I just laid down in the tub....hung my right leg (depends on which way your fixtures are oriented in your shower if this is a big help, or not ) under the liner and over the edge of the tub.....and took my showers, that way. No bagging.

GR8.....my mom's ranked 3rd in the world ()in Scrabble....and we have a little note board (chalk) in our kitchen right now with a running total of how our annual series is going.
Old 08-23-2007, 07:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Great to hear your making progress....hopefully you will heal faster, so you can get out there sooner!...they do make some nice camo cloth tape that would spiff that baby up nice[8D]
Old 08-23-2007, 07:24 AM
Boone & Crockett

wvubowhunter, thanks man.

Gr8, Sounds like I really am on the exact schedule. I go back in 3 weeks he said to inspect the cast. Does that mean they take it off and check it out and if need put on another? Yeah, the staples were ooooowwwieie.
I'm really hoping to judge my schedule by yours, your what right now, a little over 7 weeks almost 8 weeks into yours? That would put me the first of Oct...I know I'll miss the opening weeks but I'm really hoping for the first two weeks of Nov realistically. Actually our last two weeks are Oct 29th through Nov 10...that would put me at 11 weeks.....If your doing that well at 7, I'm really hopeful. So far, it's all about baths and I hate baths. I did enjoy my jacuzzi tub..mostly I use the downstairs tub but the jacuzzi tub is a bonus when I use it. In the master bath is a corner shower, I haven't even attempted a standup with barriers for the cast....I'll suffer with the tub for now.

GMMAT, Funny, I thought of exactly that with the downstairs tub. It wouldn't work on the upstairs corner shower (all glass) but the tub downstairs is positioned so I can let my left leg out and shower facing the fixtures. Good thinking. And Gr8, I've seen the scrabble board results.

finner, thanks and I hope so too, again the cast comes off in 6 weeks, hopefully 3 like Gr8's did....no need to camo it up then....just whatever else I get on. lol

Old 08-23-2007, 07:26 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

Broke my fibula in '94....and perfected the shower scene. I just laid down in the tub....hung my right leg (depends on which way your fixtures are oriented in your shower if this is a big help, or not ) under the liner and over the edge of the tub.....and took my showers, that way. No bagging.

GR8.....my mom's ranked 3rd in the world ()in Scrabble....and we have a little note board (chalk) in our kitchen right now with a running total of how our annual series is going.
My tub and shower are seperate in the master bath..but sounds like a good idea for that type.

Really Ranked 3rd that's awesome.. I didn't even know there was a national ranking. I would love to have her kick my butt just to learn. Obviously she knows all the wacky "scrabble" words..thats the trick.

What kinda score does she average in a 2 person game?
Old 08-23-2007, 07:33 AM
Giant Nontypical

Rob..I don't know why they say the 6 week thing and then change? I would imaging IF they were to put another cast on they'd bend the foot up even more. (by the way how did that feel when they started bending the toes up? little scary huh) The 28th will be 8 weeks after surgery for me.

That little saw they use to cut of the cast will get your attention too...actually it only vibrates but it looks like a little radial arm saw.
Old 08-23-2007, 07:36 AM
Dominant Buck

It was a joke, GR8....lol. My grandma was a freakin scrabble whiz, though.....and the apple didn't fall far from the tree. My mom, who hasn't much formal education, can absolutely SLAY people in Scrabble. She's really a good player.

Old 08-23-2007, 07:41 AM
Fork Horn

Rob/PA Bowyer, good luck on the recovery. I have been in cast's many times for my knees. Let me tell you the worst part is the itching as mentioned before. Hope all goes well and ahead of schedule. My knee's almost healed faster than projected and seriously, I was in a ground blind with a cast and crutches. You can always get the camo wrap for your cast. LOL