Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Broadhead Question! >

Broadhead Question!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Broadhead Question!

Old 08-20-2007, 08:11 PM

Default Broadhead Question!

im usin a nice set of redhead broadheads that got good pen. and a nice 2 in. cuttin diam.

but, they are about as sharp as a butter knife, dull enough i can rub the tip of my finger up and down the blades..from shootin with em' too much i guess

do you think it would be better for me to get a sharpener, or get the muzzys i want...btw, im 16 and usin ma' and paw's money till i get a job , so i aint got much money to spend
Old 08-20-2007, 08:25 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Broadhead Question!

don't no nothing about the redhead,but the muzzys are a decent broadhead and you can purchase 6 of em for under $30.00 they penatrate good,Ishot them till last year,now I shoot a magnus stinger it has two serrated blades and 2 bleeder blades,these things are razor sharp and fly just like a field point,plus there guaranteed for life.
Old 08-20-2007, 08:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

It is hard to beat a good sharp head. You can find a lot of good heads out their for a small amount of cash. Look for clearance bins, that is how I started 9 years ago.
Old 08-20-2007, 09:02 PM

muzzy's are a fine broad head. they are the ones who started the bone crushing tip fallowed by blades type of hunting head. if it werent for there small cutting diameter, id use them on deer. right now I use a expandable head. 1.5" to 2.0" cuting diameter. I have many kinds (frends off loaded there extras on me when I started up) they all fly straight and close to the same spot.
Although i have only used them on the target (they worked well on that, even quartering + down angle shots went right in) and havent gotten to use them on deer yet. I had no more than had my new bow for a couple of months before the army deployed me to the desert. But now im back home for good and really looking forward to this years deer season.
I hope I helped, remember its just my 2 cent's
Old 08-20-2007, 09:11 PM

i got these...im in the same situation with $$$ and they work well
http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/pod/standard-pod-wrapped.jsp?_DARGS=/cabelas/en/common/catalog/pod-link.jsp_A&_DAV=MainCatcat21424-cat20059_TGP&rid=&indexId=cat20059&nav Action=push&masterpathid=&navCount=1&p arentType=index&parentId=cat20059&id=00469 23
Old 08-20-2007, 09:13 PM
Typical Buck

you can sharpen them up a little but it only takes a little with a bh sharpener to get that an edgetry not taking off to much but getting some new muzzys is a good option too
Old 08-20-2007, 09:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

I think muzzy is prob the best broadhead out there... So I'll definetly say hell yea buy the Muzzy's... Sounds to me like you may sorta new to bow hunting... So
i'll take this time to tell that your broadheads need to be razor sharp at all times... DON'T HUNT WITH ANYTHING LESS THAN RAZOR SHARP BLADE!!!! I'm really surprised someone didn't mention that[]

Good luck

[/align]