Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

proshop woes...

Old 08-08-2007, 12:56 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default proshop woes...

how many of you guys dont rely on a proshop for anything...other than maybe buying a brand new bow??

ive been to alot of shops in the area trying to find the ONE...

i know my big problem is the fact i rather buy things online and take in because they dont stock them. the shop i was just at doesnt stock string shox...definently doesnt stock Bucknasty strings...and didnt stock my new CX arrows. they guy was helpful and spent the time to get it all setup good...but just like all the shops, he acted like i was "bothering him" dont tie on a 2" loop when the one on my old string is pretty short..thats how i shoot! dont moan when i want to BUY a peep from you instead of using my old one that gave me headaches...etc etc...and ontop of that...i felt a good bit overcharged...on the arrows atleast...i know i didnt buy them there but that was the most ive paid out of any shop yet..and havent bought arrows from a shop

im just done with the "pro" shops and basement bow shops and everything...your stuck using what they have or being overcharged because you didnt buy it there and they couldnt overcharge you on materials..

what do i need...tools, press, fletching jig, saw and materials...whats that gunna run? 500-800$...in my mind money well spent. have things done my way...if i want blue blazers dont try telling me Bohning doesnt make blue blazers..offer to order them.

any good books on working on/setting up bows i should get?? thats about the only piece of the puzzle id be missing is the knowledge...but heck, with lasers and levels and all that theses days there aint too much to know about basic bow setup..

sorry...after a year of this im just....fed up. even if i bought what they sold(which is stuff i dont want or id buy it there gladly...i support the local guys anytime i can...but i like stuff that they dont stock and none has ever offered to order it for me) i still wouldnt be happy because they like to do things the way they want...i like things done how i want...and i dont mind paying...unless you moan and groan about me asking you to shorten the loop that you tied to long..or groan about SELLING me a peep...
Old 08-08-2007, 01:09 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: proshop woes...

I got it made. The shop I go to in Little Rock (Archers Advantage) stocks everything I need. They've been nothing but help everytime I've been there, and recently sold and helped me set up a new Switchback. They will set the bow up the way YOU want it, help you sight it in on the indoor range, and order anything they don't have just to help customers. It's just a shame that every shop can't be like that.
Old 08-08-2007, 01:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

bassproshops and cabelas is where i get all of my outdoors needs.
Old 08-08-2007, 03:29 PM
Giant Nontypical

ughhhh to make matters worse i was measuring my arrows to calculate my FOC and some are cut 28" to the nock groove to the insert(how they SHOULD BE!) and some are cut 28 to the end of the nock!!

and how does a "orofessional" make BAD cuts on an arrow saw??

done...too bad i bought a groundhog rifle this summer or id buy me my tools right now...next summer...i shouldnt need a shop between here and now....

atleast it seems to be shooting very well for me...even with poorly cut arrows that arent square and of different legnths(3/8s difference i think it was...)

Old 08-08-2007, 03:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have been going to the same pro shop for the last 9 years