Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 got my broadheads today (s;ick trick ?) >

got my broadheads today (s;ick trick ?)

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

got my broadheads today (s;ick trick ?)

Old 08-03-2007, 05:50 PM
Typical Buck

Default got my broadheads today (s;ick trick ?)

got slick trick 85gr, G5 montec 85gr, and backordered rage 2 blade.
those slick trick are just little guys. does anyone think that the blades may get driven back into the insert/ arrow upon hard contact? there isn't anything but that little washer seperating the two.
Old 08-03-2007, 07:55 PM

Default RE: got my broadheads today

You are going to hear only good things about the slick tricks. I just posted a forum about the damage they did to a ground hog at about 15 yards. they fly great and I have not had an incident with them pushing in on the insert, but I have not shoot them at anything hard.
Are you think that if you hit a deer shoulder that this might push it into the insert?

http://www.huntingnet.com//forum/tm.aspx?m=2230307
Old 08-04-2007, 08:17 AM
Typical Buck

yeah thats what i was thining. i'm used to my muzzys where the blades are totally captured.
Old 08-04-2007, 12:27 PM
Fork Horn

St is all steel, no aluminum..... I did some testing on them shooting concreteblock and steel drums. Not one blade broke or went out of alignment, got dull but that will happen to just about any heads shooting into bricks and steel. Shot the ST head on the concrete block5 times and5 times on the steel drum nothing happen except dull blades anda bluntedtip. I'm pretty sure if I used the same head on a deerit will break some bone easily. Not to mention that same head still flew like my field points after the testing. I'm not trying to bash on Muzzybut it failed my test andbenta blade pretty bad when shooting into thethe steel drumand on the second shot I shot at the concrete block and the muzzy's tip broke, I though it was just because I shot at the steel drum first but put on a new muzzy and shot at the block and the tip bent pretty bad and look like it almost broke, that was the MAx-4. Slick tricks is one of the toughest heads out there right now. I was shooting my Ross set at 26" DL,70lbs, going about 260FPS.
Old 08-04-2007, 12:58 PM

Default RE: got my broadheads today (s;ick trick ?)

Some guy on archery talk blasted a refrigerator 36 times with the same slick trick broadhead until it broke. They do look pretty small and fragile but I'm anxious to see how they perform this year.
Old 08-04-2007, 01:52 PM

I heard good things about the Slick Tricks, but haven't tried them yet. And I had the same problems with Muzzy's like Wolf did. I hit the rib cage on an angle as the buck was walking away, the deer took off. The next day I shot the same buck with a mechanical broadhead, same angled shot and the Hypershock 125 cut right thru the ribs and left a huge whole on the other side. When I processed the deer I found a broken blade from my Muzzy. I used Muzzy's for 3 years before that and never had a problem, course they always were broadside shots. I used Muzzy's cause they said that they would cut thru bone... just not on an angled shot, I guess.
Old 08-04-2007, 02:53 PM

just picked up a pack of 100g magnums today...........

along with a diamond cutter bow package, limb savers for another bow i have, a mckenzie blue target, hip quiver, and arm guard.
Old 08-04-2007, 07:42 PM

Small and Fragile????????

They are steel with thicker blades than most BH's.