Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

slick trick broadheads

Old 02-17-2005, 10:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default slick trick broadheads

I was looking at Slick trick 100gr broadheads. They seem cheaper ($) than alot of other fixed types. Would like to hear about thier performance such as flight and performance on game. A little concerned about 4 blades and potential planing. I would want to use these on heavier game such as black bear and moose this fall. Also thinking of the Montec G5 but not having to sharpen blades is simpler.
Old 02-17-2005, 10:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: slick trick broadheads

The Montec's are very easy to sharpen Terry so don't let that change your mind on the G5's ,the G5's are well sharp enough to use out of the package ,but if you want them razor sharp you'll have to either buy the stone at BassPro that I seen for 35.00 or I have another solution that will work for alot less .

nubo
Old 02-17-2005, 10:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

but if you want them razor sharp you'll have to either buy the stone at BassPro that I seen for 35.00
Hey Nubo,
Still leaning towards the G5 at this point, just gathering info. Those slicktricks are almost half the price of G5s at Canadian Camo. If I go with G5s I will buy the sharpening stone also.
Old 02-17-2005, 10:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

Terry!

I use 600 grit wet dry sand paper and then when I get them near sharp, I polish them with a 1200 grit paper ,it only take's a few minute's per head as long as you got a very flat surface to use and they come out razor sharp.I'm going to pick up the proper stone for the G5's because I'm sure this is the head I'll be using for a very long time and I think the stone would be worth my while to invest in since it's tapered for the G5's cutting edge's and make's for no guessing on the angle's.

nubo
Old 02-17-2005, 10:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nubo,
Good advice. I need to shoot this new bow soon or I'm gonna start winging em down the halls in my home!!!
Old 02-17-2005, 10:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

Well if you have to ,just point them toward's Newmarket .LOL

nubo
Old 02-25-2005, 12:06 PM

Nothing wrong with the slicktricks. they are much sharper then when they first came out. leave a heck of a bloodtrail. I'm using these now cause they flew exactly with my field points. Good luck with your choice.
Old 02-25-2005, 01:48 PM
Boone & Crockett

Let me assure you that there is no planing with a slick trick.

I, as well as countless others, have found them to be the most accurate and one of the best penetrating fixed blade head made today. That 4 blade 1 1/8 inch head makes a huge hole and produces awesome blood trails.

I have tried the montecs and they are a great head but they do have a bad draw back IMHO. If you damage the blades they are pretty much shot. They can be gouged up pretty badly by striking small rocks and such in the ground and group tuning and sometimes it's bad enough that you can't get the gouges out with out filing down a large ammount of the blades and changing the weight and weakening the blades.

I prefer a replacement blade head.
Old 02-25-2005, 07:13 PM

i love my G5's i think that they were the best thing ever invented since sliced bread. but i do need too resharpen mine after shooting through my john boat {2 times} because of a junk target i bought.. Sounds like i need too check out BassPro.Good luck Terry and thanks Nubo for the info.
Old 02-25-2005, 09:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

TerryM--the Slick Tricks heads have impressed me a whole lot.
I've taken moose at 38 yards and at 42 yards, using a 55# bow equiped with a 27" -373 grain arrow (100 G STEELHEADS).
I can assure you--if the Steelheads can do it--the Slick Tricks will.
This last season I filled two tags with the Slick tricks and they made an impressive exit wound on both animals--so much so, I stuffed the wounds with 'snow' to stop it from bleeding--so I don't leave a blood trail thru the farmer's snowmobile trail.[8D]

Quick Reply: slick trick broadheads

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.