Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 One deer states.....2 deer states.....ramblings... >

One deer states.....2 deer states.....ramblings...

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

One deer states.....2 deer states.....ramblings...

Old 08-04-2007, 05:46 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: One deer states.....2 deer states.....ramblings...

Nobody got "pissy" Scott. I just don't see the point in continuing to spin the original position of the thread around. Thats all. Never got pissy. I'm sure everyone can develop a scenario that fits their idealogy.

I was stating why I believe many of these guys views and yours do not see eye to eye.
Then why don't those people just ask what they want to know? I've gotten PM's too, Scott. What exactly do they want to convey? I'm not sure what you're even trying to get across, here. In particular....there are two mature buck hunters on this board that I speak to behind the scenes. I asked them their thoughts on my questions (and others) and asked if it rubbed them wrong the way I asked it. Both said no. So....I trust their judgement. Nobody need take this personally or make it about "them"/"me".

I just stated that no matter what.....the bar is always being raised.

Don't make this confrontational. It isn't. I CONCEDE.....if you try hard enough....you can come up with a cenario that has a hunter hunting less......seeing less deer.....taking less deer.....passing on less deer.....studying less about deer.....watchingfewer informative shows about deer.....talking less about deer......scouting less.......managing their property less......and STILL gaining more "experience".
Old 08-04-2007, 05:55 AM
Giant Nontypical

Nobody got "pissy" Scott. I just don't see the point in continuing to spin the original position of the thread around. Thats all. Never got pissy. I'm sure everyone can develop a scenario that fits their idealogy.
Again, I was not spinning the original intent... My post had nothing to do with your original questions....... I even stated that in the last post.

I am not trying to prove anything one way or the other either.... Again, I was only stating why I believe some of the guys and yourself don't see eye to eye on a couple of the whitetail topics. This is all I was trying to get across. Only to shed some others point of view.

Then why don't those people just ask what they want to know? I've gotten PM's too, Scott. What exactly do they want to convey? I'm not sure what you're even trying to get across, here.
I don't know why they don't post their opinions.... Perhaps they don't want to get into it on the open forum? maybe they aren't for "confutations " I can't answer that. I think I stated a few times what I was trying to get across???

I just stated that no matter what.....the bar is always being raised.

Don't make this confrontational. it isn't. I CONCEDE.....if you try hard enough....you can come up with a cenario that has a hunter hunting less......seeing less deer.....taking less deer.....passing on less deer.....studying less about deer.....watchingfewer informative shows about deer.....talking less about deer......scouting less.......managing their property less......and STILL gaining more "experience.
Now I think you are being unrealistic.

[/align]
Old 08-04-2007, 06:10 AM
Dominant Buck

No Scott....
I CONCEDE.....if you try hard enough....you can come up with a cenario that has a hunter hunting less......seeing less deer.....taking less deer.....passing on less deer.....studying less about deer.....watchingfewer informative shows about deer.....talking less about deer......scouting less.......managing their property less......and STILL gaining more "experience.

MY original thread was about hunter "A" tagging out and being done and hunter "B" being able to stay in the "game" and how I thought it would help him gain more experience.

People came up with several scenarios that would help each hunter gain said. THEN people started applying it to themselves and others. That's where it went South.

I hope you have a great weekend.
Old 08-04-2007, 08:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Deer hunting is deer hunting. Find their food, likely bedding cover, travel routes, staging areas, transition zones, buck sign(rubs, scrapes, sheds), water, etc. Now the approach you take on 100 acres compared to 1000 acres will certainly be different and it will be different on public or private land as wellbut really why do we make it out to be so difficult. I am convinced that most of the guys on here that are "regulars" are fairly knowledgable and successful hunters and have a certain level of committment to our pursuit, otherwise they wouldn't be logged in sharing and gaining knowledge. At some point you develop strategies and techniques that work, you develop an understanding of your prey and although you may have to "tweak" those to fit new or different areas you still have a pretty good idea of what's going on. Iam almost certain that buckeyebuckhntr could hunt my land and be as successful or moreas I am and at the same time I am also certain GMMAT could as well. Yes they have been hunting different areas for different amounts of time and have different levels of experience but as far as understanding a whitetail and being able to successfully hunt them they both (as well as many others on these forums) appear to have their "ducks in a row" in that department.

Hunter A tags out and is done for the season = successful.
Hunter B unlimited tags hunts entire season taking deer = successful.

They both are successful, one may track more and sit in the stand more but IMOthe other guy could too if he had some more tags. As far as experience, like I said earlier I'm not sure how many years of experience it takes to be a proficient hunter, I believethat depends on the person and once you have reached the level of experience where you understand your prey and the fundamentals of hunting them everything beyond that is like a bonus, or information that applies to specific circumstances or situations.jmo