HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   One deer states.....2 deer states.....ramblings... (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/200304-one-deer-states-2-deer-states-ramblings.html)

GMMAT 08-02-2007 05:33 AM

One deer states.....2 deer states.....ramblings...

I kinda feel for you guys who only get1 tag/2 tags. I was thinking about it this morning. You get one tag.....see your deer in the first 2 weeks.....tag him (congrats)....and you're done. To a somewhat lesser extent.....the same is true for 2 tag states.

If...oh....I don't know.....Joe Montana onlyplayed1 or 2games a year......how much "experience" could he obtain over a period ofhis career? As much as the guy playing 10-12 games a year?

Just rambling thoughts........

wis_bow_huntr 08-02-2007 05:39 AM

RE: One deer states.....2 deer states.....ramblings...

and hes on a roll this mornign peeps!! another good post!

GR8atta2d 08-02-2007 05:43 AM

That's why we end up passing on so many bucks. Sure you can get a decent pattern on them early season bucks. But do you wanna be done? Are you gonna sit out the rut?? Sometimes it's tough to draw!

GMMAT 08-02-2007 05:59 AM

So GR8 (and we're just discussing this ;))....oh buddy/oh pal...

Are you gainingexperiencewatching those deer go by?

Can Joe gain as much experience watching from the sidelines?

Like I said....rambling....;)

davidmil 08-02-2007 06:05 AM

So I guess whatcher sayin' is that the year round poacher is probably the best hunter goin'.[8D][8D]

GMMAT 08-02-2007 06:14 AM

He's not a "hunter" at all, David ('course you knew that;)).

GR8atta2d 08-02-2007 06:22 AM

I guess I don't see where your heading with this. Do I learn more about deer by watching them? I imagine? But let's be somewhat honest here. They're just deer, they eat, poop and breed! They twitch their tail before they move andyes, they still eat the soy beans after they turn brown.

What I'm gaining is the opportunity to be in the woods, hunting. Not knowing what will show up next. If I kill in the early season, it's done. There is no "what if".

Dr Andy 08-02-2007 06:29 AM

I'm fortunate. In the zone I hunt in Wisconsin you can literally get unlimited tags (4 per day). It's the Herd Reduction Zone, and this year it's Earn-A-Buck all season,gota get a doe first.

GMMAT 08-02-2007 06:30 AM

Nothing wrong with what you said. I had to watch a buck on the last day of the season last year that I'd have loved to have shot....I just didn't have a tag for him.

Yep. They're just deer.

peakrut 08-02-2007 06:31 AM

Doc what are you doing hunting up here when you got Lake County?
You like the rest of us and cant find a spot?
And if you like the bears stay down there!;)

ORIGINAL: Dr Andy

I'm fortunate. In the zone I hunt in Wisconsin you can literally get unlimited tags (4 per day). It's the Herd Reduction Zone, and this year it's Earn-A-Buck all season,gota get a doe first.