Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What about the Stupid Things We Do?? >

What about the Stupid Things We Do??

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What about the Stupid Things We Do??

Old 08-01-2007, 01:49 PM
Fork Horn

Default What about the Stupid Things We Do??

There are threads bouncing up and down dealing with the strange, weird, funny and crazy things we have seen and done in the woods. What about the stupid things we have done. You might have mentioned them in these other thread but feel free to tell us about them again. We love to learn from others mistakes.

I just posted about trying to adjust my stand while in the tree...DON"T. Luckily...and the only reason I did...I was only about 3'-4' off the ground. I realized the tree was thinner than I thought so I didn't have enough upward tilt on my stand. I stood on the bottom, held the top and adjusted the back strap. I then tried to sit down and hold the bottom up so that I could adjust it. Well the bottom slipped off my feet and down it went. I had a strap between the two sections but it hit the tree and cocked sideways before the straps locked the stand back in. I had to jump down...not an easy task without the bottom to stand on and reattach it. Now I climb back down if I have to make an adjustment.

I climbed a tree once and it got smaller at the top than I expected. I was leaning forward the whole time. I literally had to hold myself in the stand. But I learned...there was no way I was going to adjust it while at altitude. Thankfully it was only a short evening hunt.

Here's to safe hunting.
Reid
Old 08-01-2007, 02:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: What about the Stupid Things We Do??

I pulled my bow back last night knowing my loop was wearing out and dry fired my bow, took to the pro shop and had it checked out...no harm what a relief