Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 When worlds collide >

When worlds collide

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

When worlds collide

Old 07-26-2007, 02:14 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: When worlds collide

I agree with NY...but amongst low hcp'ers and dedicated hunters.....I'd give the edge to archery.

I can tell you that the competitive golfers I know don't give a rat's ass what everyone else is using or doing.
Old 07-26-2007, 09:06 PM

ORIGINAL: BigJ12

Atlas,

Don't you know that those teesare way to loud and will slow down your club?

Who in there right mind would use one of those.

Glad to see you posting again.

That was YOU in my bushes???..............I gotta start closing the blinds.

Old 07-26-2007, 09:12 PM

ORIGINAL: NY Bowhunter

[:-]save your money atlas. Yet another golf gadget that is magically going to make the ball go straighter [8D]. Where will it end?
Just havin' some fun big guy.........I actually left it at the bar I believe. It didn't make my ball go straighter..........but it didn't make go left or right either

Where will it end???.........for me it ended with a 38 and a bunch of free food, beer, and laughs. I'll take it.

Old 07-26-2007, 09:17 PM

ORIGINAL: GR8atta2d

ORIGINAL: atlasman

Is there anything bristles can't do???

[8D]
I can't speak for bristles on a bow as I never personally liked them.

However Atlas..I will caution you on your latest find! I didn't use these either but have 1st hand knowledge..

{Flashback to last July 06} Me and my partner(an elderly Gentleman of mediocre talent..2 man teams randomly drawn) are playing for the first half, league championship, and he is using this brush tee on all his tee shots. This days temperature is pushing the upper 90's with no breeze. We step up on 18 (we were playing the back 9 that day)all square. My partnerand my opponents partner are bothgetting a shot on this demanding par 4. During my partners backswing.. his ball (and I can still visualize it as if in slow motion) falls off the bristles, which have become like noodles in the days heat, He sees this, and to correct "goes down after the ball", and lays a chunk of turf over the ball like an old man wearing a comb-over. We loose the match 1 down all because of bristles..

Youask "are there anything bristles can't do?" and I say, yes, there is! They cannot hold up to the heat of battle. Bristles are fine for toothbrush but forArrow or Tee ..stay away or you will alsobe cashing second place checks!

He probably didn't have it setup properly
Old 07-26-2007, 09:21 PM

ORIGINAL: Germ

I found one last year. They work great for cleaning out the grooves on my irons

That orange surlyn doesn't come out easy either

Old 07-26-2007, 09:26 PM

ORIGINAL: Rick James

Jeff:

Who is worse in "snake oil" conversations, archery/hunting forums or golf?

The better question might be............"Who wastes more money on useless products in the hopes they will be magic potions that allow them to shoot either par..........or a monster buck.

Old 07-26-2007, 09:29 PM
Dominant Buck

The better question might be............"Who wastes more money on useless products in the hopes they will be magic potions that allow them to shoot either par..........or a monster buck.
No question.

Golfers.
Old 07-26-2007, 09:33 PM
Dominant Buck

another question:

Who has a better chance of achieving their goal (Shooting Par vs. Shooting a slammer)?

Bowhunter.
Old 07-27-2007, 04:07 AM
Boone & Crockett

golfers by far.

Who has a better chance of achieving their goal (Shooting Par vs. Shooting a slammer)?
The hunter has a better chance. While it takes skill to hunt a slammer buck, there is also an element of luck involved where one can just walk down your happy trail one day without even knowing what you did right [8D].

No chance of being lucky for 18 holes and shooting par in golf.
Old 07-27-2007, 05:53 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

another question:

Bowhunter.
WOW do you believe the Bowhunter?? Really?? I don't agree with that at all. Shooting Par is all under ones own control..shooting a Slammer takes Skill, prep, luck, wind, stand placement, and then a qualifying buck who wishes to cooperate. I can shoot par on a regular basis.

Quick Reply: When worlds collide

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.