Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 which would you pick >

which would you pick

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
spot and stalk
36.36%
spike
63.64%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

which would you pick

Old 07-25-2007, 03:27 PM

Default which would you pick

i'm looking for a good back for whitetail hunting and i have it down to two what one would you get? the spot and stalk or the spike? heres a link for the spot and stalk and a link for the spike pack by timber hawk.
http://gameplangear.com/spotnstalk.html or
http://timberhawkgear.com/dev/?q=product_spikepack
Old 07-25-2007, 04:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: which would you pick

Spike looks stress free , spotnstalk has to much clutter IMO .
Old 07-25-2007, 05:20 PM
Fork Horn

Looks like apples to oranges to me.[8D] Hard to tell anything for sure just looking at the pictures. The Spot-n-Stalk is small, doesn't carry the bow and only a few extra items. It also looks like the quiver would get in the way when walking. You would also have to have a quiver that locks the arrows in (like the one shown) so as to not loose your arrows. This would also slow down your time for a second shot. The spec states that it is "hydration ready" but I don't see where it would go.

The Spike is bigger but it doesn't have any pockets up front for you rangefinder so you will have to have a vest or something with pockets underneath. It has a pocket for a hydration pack built in. It will also carry more stuff because it is bigger. My problem is I would be hotter (back would sweat) with it on my back. You would have to keep your quiver on the bow with this pack.

I think the packs are in two different leagues so it will come down to what you want in a pack.

Happy Picking
Reid
Old 07-25-2007, 05:29 PM
Fork Horn

i would probably go with the spot and stalk. even though it does look cluttered i like to be in the ready position. many times while walking to my stand ive gotten within 30 yds or so of deer and now when i leave the truck i have one arrow knocked and im basically stalking to my setup. thats just my oppinion. but if you dont feel that you dont need to carry your bow in ready position the spike is by far the better choice.