Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Which bow to pick?

Old 05-11-2007, 12:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Which bow to pick?

Well im buying a new bow in another month or two and i wanted to know wat bow you think would be right for me?? I want either a Hoyt or a Mathews and i will have the money so thats not a big deal. I'm also done growing. I just want to hear a few words from wat you guys think. THanks
Old 05-11-2007, 12:40 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Which bow to pick?

Why limit yourself to those two?

Go shoot them all.
Old 05-11-2007, 12:51 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Germ

Go shoot them all.
Great advice. I've looked at and shot a lot of bows this year and there are some great offerings. I ended up getting the Drenalin because it most suited my needs. Try as many as you can and get the one that is the best for you.
Old 05-11-2007, 01:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: HuntingBry

Go shoot them all.
Great advice. I've looked at and shot a lot of bows this year and there are some great offerings. I ended up getting the Drenalin because it most suited my needs. Try as many as you can and get the one that is the best for you.
that is exactly what i was going to say . I shoot a mathews and love it but you should get the one that feels right for you
Old 05-11-2007, 01:56 PM

Shoot all the bows in your price range. My dad did it last year and walked out with a Reflex for allot less money.
Old 05-11-2007, 02:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

best advise has already been stated - I shoot a vectrix cause it fits me and I like it - not cause anyone else does

several great bows out there - just have to get the one that FEELS right

once you try em you will know which one
Old 05-11-2007, 02:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Go shoot them all.
Agreed. I have owned two Mathews bows and been shooting Mathews bows for the last three or four years now, and I am really, really interested in the Bowtech Guardian. I definitely wouldn't overlook that one!!
Old 05-11-2007, 06:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

I thought like you did until I shot my Allegiance. That bow fit me the best.

However, there are probably dozens great bows out there from many manufacturers. Shoot every bow you can get your hands on and go with the one that feels the best to you.

Not the one your buddy shoots and not the one that the pro shop/store tries to push on you. There are too many great bows to limit yourself to just 2 choices.
Old 05-11-2007, 06:33 PM
Typical Buck

I had my mind made up on a Guardian but decided to go ahead and shoot a Vectrix, Truth, Switchback XT, Drenalin and Old Glory. After two hours of shooting, it came down to the Vectrix and the Drenalin. The Drenalin should be ready in a couple weeks.
Old 05-12-2007, 07:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

As mentioned, shoot several. However, I'm almost willing to bet that you'll go home with the Hoyt Vectrix. I've seen more folks make the switch to this bow this season than I could have imagined. It has certainly gathered a large fan club this year! Good luck and good shootin'

Quick Reply: Which bow to pick?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.