Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Who dislikes this? >

Who dislikes this?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Who dislikes this?

Old 07-25-2007, 09:47 AM

Default Who dislikes this?

I hate watching a hunting show where they start hunting with a bow then go to a gun because they can't get it done. The last I seen was Bill Jorden hunting in Texas where they been seeing this big buck, so he's in a blind with a bow, it doesn't come close enough so he set his bow down and picks up his rifle. I think you should finish with what you started with.
Old 07-25-2007, 09:53 AM

Default RE: Who dislikes this?

i agree.. they do the same thing all the time when turkey hunting..
some of them get it done though.
Old 07-25-2007, 10:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

It seems to me that some of them get discouraged waaay to easily!
Old 07-25-2007, 10:01 AM
Giant Nontypical

I would only have a problem with it if it were in bow-only season. Otherwise, I'd probably do the same thing... especially if I'd laid out the horse-choking wad of cash to get on a place like that.
Old 07-25-2007, 10:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

yea i guess if i had a lot of money into it i might.
Old 07-25-2007, 10:22 AM
Giant Nontypical

As long as it's legal I don't have a problem with it! To each his own! I guess they fall to the pressure's of getting a hunt on tape!
Old 07-25-2007, 10:27 AM
Boone & Crockett

Goes to show that any Bozo can have a tv show.
Old 07-25-2007, 10:28 AM

I don't think there is anything wrong with it but i personally would leave the rifle at home because i would be to eager to take him down with the rifle instead of the bow.
Old 07-25-2007, 10:31 AM
Giant Nontypical

It doesn't bother me unless the title of the show indicates it's a Bowhunting Show. There is one affiliated with this site that used to do that alot.. I believe they have since changed the name of the show to be more generic.
Old 07-25-2007, 10:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

theres not anything wrong with it. these "tv hunters" are in it for profit. they have to make a good and successful show. they still love to hunt i dont dout that, but when you put their income onthe linethen it becomes something more than hunting. bill jordan, by the way, doesnt pay for his hunts. they are given to him. look at it from a ranchers point of view. if you are trying to sell hunts and you let bill jordanshoot a buck off of your place, thats free publicity. think of all the good things these famous huntersalways say about the ranches and all the people that watch monster bucks videos. give him a 170 inch deer which is going for about $7000 to $9000 in texas. but, because of the videos, rich hunters who just want to shoot see bill jordan saying "this is a great ranch and i look forward to coming back." they think, man i would like to be elbow to elbow with these guys i watch on tv. what happens next you ask. the rancher fills up all of his spots and makes a lot more money than he has been.

Quick Reply: Who dislikes this?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.