Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Which New Bow Would You Pick And Why? >

Which New Bow Would You Pick And Why?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Which New Bow Would You Pick And Why?

Old 06-23-2008, 08:59 AM
Fork Horn

Default Which New Bow Would You Pick And Why?

currently shooting a 2003 Bowtech Mighty Might. I love the bow, it's been great. However, with all the new technology am considering ungrading. New PSE XForce seems nice.

That said, if you could have any new bow what would it be and why?
Old 06-23-2008, 09:13 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Which New Bow Would You Pick And Why?

I would personally buy the new Mathews DXT or one of the new Bowtech's if I was in the market for a new bow. Having said that, I would go and shoot them all... You will find one that you know is the right bow for you.
They are all great bows these days.

I am still madly in love w/ my Mathews Switchback XT... So it will be a couple of years before I even start to look again.

Good luck.

Old 06-23-2008, 09:27 AM
Giant Nontypical

I have my eye on a Marriah Chinook made by Ric Anderson, sweet looking longbow with Elk antler overlays and accents around the shelf as well as tips! Simply a work of art! I have wanted a Bow made just for me and thats one of a kind and this will be it! I will be ordering one over the summer, probably take at least a few months to get but well worth the wait!
Old 06-23-2008, 09:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hoyt Katera, smooth draw and accurate shooter. The Ally and Guardian by bowtech are sweet to and the DXT was nice from Matthews. The PSE wasn't my cup of tea.
Old 06-23-2008, 09:32 AM
Fork Horn

Best thing to do is go shoot every different bow you can get your hands on and see what fits you best. I love my new Hoyt Katera XL but I shot Hoyt, Bowtech, Mathews, PSE, Bear, and many others and found that the Hoyt was my favorite. Of course I am a little bias and also am a Hoyt dealer because of it. After working on every brand bow imaginable, I honestly believe that Hoyt is the toughest on the market. Bowtech seems to be one of the smoothest.
Old 06-23-2008, 09:33 AM
Giant Nontypical

i would go with the bow i have now, a truth 2, thats why i got it. it was my favorite out of all of the bows i shot
Old 06-23-2008, 09:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

It would help to hear a little more about your hunting plans and draw weight/length. Ultimately, it will be most helpful for you to shoot as many of the competing bows as possible. You can do this through your local shop or other bow owners if you're thinking about buying a used bow:

Buying used bow:
http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=2866392

Whatever your plans, I would act soon because in a few weeks, the shops will be more crowded with the upcoming season.
Old 06-23-2008, 09:40 AM

Best thing to do is go shoot every different bow you can get your hands on and see what fits you best
Agreed!

We arereviewing the new Deadzone bow by Limbsaver right now and will have our results for you in July on our site, if that's something that interests you.
Old 06-23-2008, 09:41 AM

I wouldgo with a bowtech.

Because its a bowtech!!!!!But seriously i would buy the bowtech general because of all the good stuff I hear about it.
Old 06-23-2008, 09:46 AM
Giant Nontypical

Iron Mace - High Country Archery

Quick Reply: Which New Bow Would You Pick And Why?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.