Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
A question of ethics as a Human Bowhunter >

A question of ethics as a Human Bowhunter

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

A question of ethics as a Human Bowhunter

Old 12-30-2002, 01:48 PM

Default RE: A question of ethics as a Human Bowhunter

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote<font size=1 face='Verdana, Arial, Helvetica' id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>Simple If you don't have a tag than you are not supposed to shoot him.
If you do shoot him without a tag its poaching. Might not be humane but that's the law. Mother nature will take care of the deer in one way or the other. <hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face='Verdana, Arial, Helvetica' size=2 id=quote>

I guess that same logic would apply to hitting a deer with a vehicle but that is not completely dead. Either tag it or leave it to suffer alongside the road.
If it is obvious the deer is not going to make it, be humane and take him out. Clear and simple. Just my opinion.
Old 12-30-2002, 01:54 PM
Typical Buck

Do you know the game warden in your area? Is he/she reasonable? If so kill it but don't say a word to anyone. If busted I think you have a substantial argument with a reasonable game warden.
Old 12-30-2002, 03:16 PM
Boone & Crockett

Here we go again! What is ethical is not always legal,what is legal is not always ethical. After some soul searching do what is right and keep your mouth shut about it.
Old 12-30-2002, 03:51 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 12-30-2002, 03:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

If it were obvious that the deers' injury was going to cause it a lot of suffering before it died, I know what I would do. To me this question is very similar to someone breaking traffic laws to get to the hospital with or to see a sick/dying loved one.
Old 12-30-2002, 04:09 PM

shoot him. It may not be legal, but it's humane. If it can't hardly walk, then it's time to finish someone else's job.
Old 12-30-2002, 04:10 PM

this is a no brainer......NO you don't put him down...it's not your job. call the DNR and tell them the location and let them make the call.
Old 12-30-2002, 05:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

I didn't see him tonight. But I've made up up mind already and won't say either way what I do. Just wanted opinions from you guys. And see how you'd handle the situation.

The landowner ended up coming by today, just to talk to my father about some business. He ended up telling me that he shot a big buck back there and couldn't find it during rifle season. Could it be the same buck... perhaps. All the deer are in one herd and he's by himself. I counted 22 does and 14 bucks out in the wheat feild the other night, yet didn't see him. I doubt the buck will make it more than a couple weeks. I do know the GW, but nothing will get done in this situation.
Visit My Updated Hunting Page
Old 12-30-2002, 06:22 PM

this is a tough question! i do not know what i would do until the time came, but i do know, if i put the animal down it would be in my freezer and not left for the yotes.

Old 12-30-2002, 06:35 PM
dpv
Typical Buck

no matter what you decide to do the idea of taking it's antlers changes if from humane to poaching. I guess it's poaching either way from a legal standpoint. But taking a trophy from the animal changes everything.

Just my opinion.

Quick Reply: A question of ethics as a Human Bowhunter

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.