Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 ??? BROADHEADS ??? >

??? BROADHEADS ???

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

??? BROADHEADS ???

Old 07-19-2007, 02:26 PM
Fork Horn

Default ??? BROADHEADS ???

Whats your take on Slick Trick broadheads vs. Thunderheads? Would like to hear your Pro's and Con's with them, only if you have used one or the other or both.
Old 07-19-2007, 02:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: ??? BROADHEADS ???

I shoot slick ticks and rocket ultimate titaniums and rage 2 blade and im stickin with all of em. Doubt ill ever switch from these 3. they all have great flight, sharpness out of the box, and penetration. Altough i think i might try the new steel force phat head.
Old 07-19-2007, 02:46 PM

Personally, I carry thunderhead 100's. I have not had the opportunity to shoot anything with them yet. A friend did have one shatter when it hit bone in a deer. He switched to Muzzy's after that. My thunderheads fly the same as my field points. I will probably use them until I have a bad exerience (if I do have one). When/if I change, I am going to try the Slick Tricks. There are just too many other things to spend money on right now.
Old 07-19-2007, 04:03 PM

I think most folks are going to go with the Slick Tricks on this poll. The Thunderheads are sometimes seen in the clearance box near the counter of the store . . . . .
Old 07-20-2007, 06:12 AM
Fork Horn

Slick Tricks all the way! It will be hard for me to find a better broadhead......give them a shot and you will love them!
Old 07-20-2007, 06:39 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: ??? BROAD HEADS ???

Sullivan Innerloc and Slick trick. They bothfly like field points, very very tuff, price is excellent for the quality. Cons, None so far. Thunderhead blades not near as tuff, don't fly like field points. Mine are retired and would use only if I had to. Hope this helps good luck.
Old 07-23-2007, 05:37 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: ??? BROAD HEADS ???

I looked at some Slick Tricks over the weekend. I think I'll go back into town next weekend and buy a set and see how they fly. If all is good I'd like to use them this season.