Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Not looking to debate, but high fence hunting and Ted Nugent >

Not looking to debate, but high fence hunting and Ted Nugent

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Not looking to debate, but high fence hunting and Ted Nugent

Old 07-18-2007, 12:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Not looking to debate, but high fence hunting and Ted Nugent

ORIGINAL: BowHunterJim

I just dont like ted since i saw him on MTV cribs and his archery range in his basement and he couldn't hit the deer adn he had a whippy bow cuz he did drugs for so many years.
Don't be too quick to judge Ted. I suggest you do a little more reserch on him.

1. He's never used drugs.
2. His whimpy bow is set that way on purpose. He advocates the use of a bow that is smooth and graceful. He can and does use a 70+ pound bow when the situation calls for it.

He couldn't hit the deer....I haven't seen the episode, but Ted is an accomplished archer and I suspect there was something that caused him to miss.

I cannot think ofone idividual, living today, other than Ted Nugent, that has been passionatelyinvolved in politics and has done more for usand our hunting rights.
Old 07-18-2007, 12:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

BowHunterJim,
You are as entitled to you opinion as anyone man. Don't let these guys for you to change your beliefs.
This is an argument I am honestly on the fence on, but it's not right to hang some guy because he doesn't view it the same way you do.

Ijust noticed the pun above. I am leaving it there for effect.
Old 07-18-2007, 01:02 PM

Im sorry about saying that Ted was a drug addict. I just did some research and could not find anything that linked him to drug use. I was quick to judge like many other in my generation. I will research what I say before i post it on here. Sorry for all the trouble. Im watching his show right now and its thesame from yesterday.
Old 07-18-2007, 01:09 PM
Giant Nontypical

I think Ted is a complete idiot - for a laundry list of reasons, but I'll hit the high points:
[ul][*]I saw the cribs episode, and can vouch for Jim - Ted can't hit the broad side of a barn;[*]I also personally know a guy who guided Ted and got to know him on a personal level. Put it this way - if Ted wasn't paying people to put live game animals in front of him, he'd be eating a whole lot of tags. In addition to being a terrible hunter, he's apparently pretty ungrateful and moody;[*]I've seen the way Ted acts, and it's unbecoming of an outdoorsman;[*]Ted is a devout supporter of the NRA - and I loathe the NRA;[*]He is an overrated musician;[*]He is completely insane, and I don't like being "represented" in the mediaby a raging lunatic.[/ul]
So, the only thing in common between myself and Ted would be that we both "hunt." But I don't even know if you could call what Ted does "hunting." If -paying people to show you animals, and you shoot at them - is actually hunting.
Old 07-18-2007, 01:22 PM

Ted is the most recognizable and vocal celebrity currently speaking out for hunters' rights and our right to keep and bear arms. So, if he has some things about him I don't like, I'm still willing to work with him because we share many common goals. I don't know of anyone who works as hard at these things as he does, so for that he has my admiration. If he wants to shoot a buffalo in a 4-acre pen and call it hunting (just an example), it really doesn't matter to me because we live in a free country. I do wish this practice was not televised, because I think the non-hunting public doesn't know the difference. The best thing we can do to prevent canned hunting is what goes on right here; ridicule the practice and the practicioners until they stop out of shame. Legally, I don't think anything should be done to prevent canned hunting.
Old 07-18-2007, 01:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

he had a whippy bow cuz he did drugs for so many years.
your sig: Browning Micro Adrenalineset at 50#

do you do drugs? is that why your bow is set at 50lbs?
Old 07-18-2007, 01:28 PM
Giant Nontypical

Somebody just got served.

Old 07-18-2007, 01:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Quick,

It is undeniable that the NRA has done a lot to futher and support our hunting rights (even
bowhunting indirectly). It just seems to me there are a lot of better organizations for a
hunter to "loathe" than the NRA.
Old 07-18-2007, 02:04 PM

I use a 50# bow cuz im only 13 years old.

And no i dont do drugs
Old 07-18-2007, 02:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: LittleChief

Any1 who ever hunted in a high fence area should be stripped of all mounts, Records and they should not be able to get a hunting lisence the rest of thier life.
Whew! I'm sure glad I never hunteda high fence hunt.
Hey, everyone's entitled to their own personal opinion. Some, however, are best kept to ones self.

If anyone does they might not wanna tell Jim cause he might have them in a high fence unit with an arrow on its way.

Yep, everyones got there opinions

Quick Reply: Not looking to debate, but high fence hunting and Ted Nugent

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.