Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Not looking to debate, but high fence hunting and Ted Nugent >

Not looking to debate, but high fence hunting and Ted Nugent

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Not looking to debate, but high fence hunting and Ted Nugent

Old 07-18-2007, 11:43 AM

Default RE: Not looking to debate, but high fence hunting and Ted Nugent

It got me re-thinking my views of high fence hunting. Considering there are 40,000 acre ranches with high fences around them. I am sure there are many animals on properties like that that have never seen the fence.
Old 07-18-2007, 11:46 AM

I mean more like in a 1 acre pen.
Old 07-18-2007, 11:47 AM

Ted's mostly responsible for deer meat donations to soup kitchens here in CT being made legal.Not to many folks push hunters rights in CT.
Old 07-18-2007, 11:51 AM

im not saying that he is not a good adcovate for hunting buthe rubs anti hunters the wrong way sometimes and what he gained is forgotten.I meant like the payign 20 grand to shoot a druged deer thing.

Old 07-18-2007, 11:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Okay, I just read the article. You know, I never did like Ted Nugent's music, but I've got to admit, his energy level, enthusiasm and commitment tothe sport and what he believes is admirable.Also, I get some good laughs out of some of his quick-witted answers.
You're right, though. Some interesting views given there, and he doesmake some great points on other issues besides the high fence topic.
Old 07-18-2007, 11:59 AM
Fork Horn

Bowhunterjim.......just how many 1 acre hunting pens have u seen or heard of, forgive me if im wrong but i know NOTHING of any 1 acre pen ANYWHERE thats hunted from.....not that i like high fence hunting, but if its high fence with ALOT of land.. then it wouldnt be ANYTHING like cornering a big buck and shooting him or something... seems fair chase to me unless you dont have a large area, people they go off and get mad about high fence hunting when they dont even know how much land it is are just wanting to make it sound like high fence hunting is the devil,lol

EVERYTHING being said about i would just like to say i have never been high fence hunting, and do not know anyone that has personally been, and know of 1 high fence hunting place anywhere around here ( and its HUGE ).
Old 07-18-2007, 12:11 PM

I dont know much about high fence hunting other then what i saw in that vid on that one case with jimmy houstan. I think that it is ok to hunt within a high fence if it is a large area and u dont hunt near the fence. It is fair chase.

I didn't mean to stir up all this.
I just dont like ted since i saw him on MTV cribs and his archery range in his basement and he couldn't hit the deer adn he had a whippy bow cuz he did drugs for so many years.
Old 07-18-2007, 12:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Bloodsaw

Bowhunterjim.......just how many 1 acre hunting pens have u seen or heard of, forgive me if im wrong but i know NOTHING of any 1 acre pen ANYWHERE thats hunted from.....not that i like high fence hunting, but if its high fence with ALOT of land.. then it wouldnt be ANYTHING like cornering a big buck and shooting him or something... seems fair chase to me unless you dont have a large area, people they go off and get mad about high fence hunting when they dont even know how much land it is are just wanting to make it sound like high fence hunting is the devil,lol

EVERYTHING being said about i would just like to say i have never been high fence hunting, and do not know anyone that has personally been, and know of 1 high fence hunting place anywhere around here ( and its HUGE ).

Watch this and tell me it doesnt happen

http://www.real-hunters.com/full.swf
Old 07-18-2007, 12:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Old 07-18-2007, 12:26 PM

Jim, I think you need to be a little bit more informed before making such statements as TN being a drug addict. He has always been an advocate against drug use,even back in the days of Cat Scratch Fever. Long hair and rock and roll don't always equate to drug use. Try to be a little less judgemental and alittle more informed. There ar e a few things that I don't cae for in his manner of doingthings, but he is more of an ally to the hunting community than most, so I can tolerate some of his personality quirks.

Quick Reply: Not looking to debate, but high fence hunting and Ted Nugent

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.