Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Not looking to debate, but high fence hunting and Ted Nugent >

Not looking to debate, but high fence hunting and Ted Nugent

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Not looking to debate, but high fence hunting and Ted Nugent

Old 07-19-2007, 06:02 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Not looking to debate, but high fence hunting and Ted Nugent

I always thought Ted was a bit over the top. Now that I have the channels to watch him more... I like him more. Sure he's bizarre at times, but he's doing something to help us, not destroy us as a hunting community.If he wants to hunt a fence....fine, I wouldn't...but that's me. The one thing Ted and I have in common is "It's suppose to be fun". Take all the ethical banter and trash it. GO hunting and have fun. Do it your way. Don't tell me how great and ethical you are because you passed a shot. That's just common sense...if you can't pull it off don't do it. If I can .....don't tell me I shouldn't. Obey the laws and have fun. That's all you got to do.
Old 07-19-2007, 07:25 AM

ORIGINAL: Sliverflicker

So now its come to comparing Ted to Fred, what a sad day this is.
First off Ted has managed to Siphon a bowhunting career off of the late Fred Bears name, that should tell you something in itself.
Ted shoots Fenced animals with a bow, Fred was a bowhunter, BIG DIFERENCE!
The days Ted has spent at a Campfire without being able to see his house or the main camp quarters, you could count on your fingers and toes.
Were Fred spent years in the bushHunting WILD GAME!
I'm not even going to go over all this Ted CRAP again, and will end by saying this,The 2 season hunter tags, Our generous Bow seasons, and the very Base to fight Anti-hunters are directly connected to Fred Bear, and its not in his book!
Ted has had and still hasgreat opportunitys to get our point out to anti-hunters and non-hunter alike, yet chooses towaste them by beating chickens heads on stumps, and blowing away caged lambs and other such Ignorant Barberic crap it gives us a black eye.
I think we can agree that "to each is own". I'm just saying that we need to stop bad mouthing the man and let it be. He is doing something positive for the sport. Fred Bear was held in high reguards because people stood behind him, I'm not saying thes two are exactly alike, I'm saying that Fred done things that I didn't agree with (doesn't make him less of a hunter).

1. Fred used guids to find the wildlife, then he went and shot it. ( Is there really that much difference in these two? I know there is but if someone else were finding deer for me to shoot, am I still a hunter?
2. Fred shot a tiger at 100 yards, of course he killed it but he didn't know that when he released the arrow,was it ethical of him to take the shot?
3. There was a part in his book were they cut the head and cape off of a goat and left the meat behind. (only found this one time in the book and Fred didn't do it, but he was there.)
4. When they hunted bear I think they always left the meat behind.

This is just a few points, of course this was years ago, a different time. But I think we need to make this comparision, of cource Ted is over the top, Fred wasn't. Ted hunts high fence, Fred got people to find his game. Ted eats his kills, Fred left some of his. I don't know, maybe I'm way off but we need to support people who have a voice for us and stop all of this crazyness. Both of these guy's have done and are doing things for our sport no matter how much with disagree on some of there ethics. Until someone else comes along that is more well rounded and makes there opinion known as well as Ted I'm staying with Ted. I know ther are other guy's but there not in the public eye as much as Ted. As far as Ted killing a chicken on TV by beating its head on a stump: big deal, his right, his food, he's trying to show people how it's done. I have a stroy (about me)that somewhat relates to this, if your interested in it I'll be glad to share.
Old 07-19-2007, 07:49 AM

Share away springcaller. This has been an interesting read, except for the parts that got a bit personal. No need for that otherwise posts like this end up getting locked and chances to share valid opinions get snuffed out.

As for Ted's views and the way he promotes hunting/shooting in general, I'm glad he does it the way he does. Because the world needs views like his to counter the the views to the other extreme. And there are plenty of those. Take a look at our Congress and all the activist groups out there. There are plenty of nutballs on both sides of the fence and those like Ted, who perhaps just like strut their views a little too in your face for some people's liking. Anyway, having both kinds helps balance things out to somewhere in the middle.

So do I always agree with Ted, who thinks we should all be armed for a wild west shoot out at our workplace and schools if need be. No. But do I agree with his counterparts, some of whom think only police and the military should have guns. Heck no. Do I want somewhere int he middle. Yes.

BTW, I said I was glad he shares the views he does. I said nothing of if I agree with what he does as a person. Because I don't know. And I'd bet all my money the majority of those who attack him or say what a great guy he is here or elsewhere don't know either. This friend of a friend who told me stuff doesn't cut it. The guy could be an absolute jerk or a saint. You wouldn't know unless you knew him personally. And it shouldn't matter. He's an entertainer.
Old 07-19-2007, 08:30 AM
Fork Horn

Wild hunt or fenced hunt.. the outcome is the same, DEAD DEER!
Old 07-19-2007, 08:45 AM

I'm really done after this! I'm telling this story b/c I think it relates to Ted and some of his extremes. (this story has to do with dogs not hunting but it does pertain to animal rights and things there willing to do)

3 yrs ago, I had a Boxer that I couldn't house train so I stuck her outside. I didn't think anything of this, I've had dogs since I can remember. About 4 days with my dog being outside (I lived next to a main road in VA) the dog shelter/ warden came out tomy house to start an investigation. The warden was a little confused, as was Ib/c my dog was just fine. In order for them to close this rediculious investigation we had to take the dog to a Vet and have them to give her a clean bill of health (not too cheap it was a full work-up). They closed the investigation and I thougt I was done. Well I wasn't done, apparently someone didn't like her dog house either, they said it wasn't constructed right b/c it had vents on the top left and right side of the box. They also said that the box wasn't insulated (straw wasn't enough). I called several people and no one could offer any input except for "get it fixed". I took care of the problems pointed out and thought I was done once again. About 2 weeks later they visited again, I had to go through the whole thing again with the Vet. I called the main office and gave them a piece of my mind, they threatend me with jail and fines and I thretend them with the killing and stringing up of this dog (I told her that I would eat it to prove my point). I let her know that I wasn't going to stand for there bull crap, they thought the dog should be allowed to stay inside and pee and crap all over the place. The dog was almost 2yrs old when I got her and she new what the outside life was like so there was no suprises. These people don't care if they ruin you over nothing as long as they ruin you(I won this battle by the way). I think Ted gets a lot of heat over the things he does but I also think he's doing it to prove a point. It seemed like a good point when I first thought of it[&:]now that I read it I sound kind of "bizarre". Thanks for the word davidmil.
Old 07-19-2007, 03:44 PM
Typical Buck

not to be mean but i dont like ted nugent and i really dont like high fence hunting[:@]