Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

techno hunts

Old 07-06-2007, 06:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: techno hunts

Every Thurs night I help out at the shop and I shoot our system with a recurve. I won't shoot it with the compound until probably September...........it's a great way to start getting punchy......lol. Lots of fun though. [8D]
Old 07-06-2007, 11:06 AM

Hey Greg -
I live in Mo too, and have been unable to find a shop that has it. Where is the shop in Mo that now has the Techno hunts???

I have been to Southwest Archery in Illinois to do their DART system, and that was a blast. I heard that Town Hall also has a video hunt. Both tose places are like 1-1.5 hours from my house.

I would love to find somewhere more local. I live close to St. Louis. My luck would be the place you found is like in KC or something. )

Can you help me out, or anyone that moght know of a place in STL that would have this that is closer?

Old 07-06-2007, 11:24 AM
Typical Buck

I normally start shooting it a couple of months before season. Its a blast. If you want one there is a guy on ebay that is selling his entire shop and it includes a new techno hunt system. I think the buy it now option is just under $20,000

Damn I wish I was rich.

-john
Old 07-06-2007, 12:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

That sounds like a lot of fun.

I've never heard of that. Would love to shoot one. I get a little too tempted to shoot birds and squirrels in my yard sometimes.

Is there a website or something where you can locate these?
Old 07-06-2007, 12:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

I get temped and sometimes its just too much
Old 07-06-2007, 01:03 PM

great toy!!! but if you really want to have some fun have them turn on the true yardage and windage its scary hard!!! I love practicing for hog hunts on this system!!
Old 07-06-2007, 02:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

What the....

Can somebody supply a link with some info on this? I've never heard of it before.

Also does anyone know of a place to do this in SE Michigan?

Thanks

Tom
Old 07-06-2007, 02:28 PM
Fork Horn

I did one not to long ago and it was cool...The only thing i didnt like is that i didnt know the vitals on all the animals so some of my shots were guess shots.
Old 07-06-2007, 08:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

everyone asking for locations...

here ya go http://www.technohunt.com/shoploc.html this is the one i shot and i guess the locations they know have ranges setup...

dont know if theres other makers or what...

i did notice that you can get alittle punchy...but then again...just like in the woods...its all about keeping your cool and making the shot. im not going to make a habit of shooting it daily or anything...just once a blue moon to have fun and practice...probably just the blue moon we get rained out at work and get let off...

lookin forward to going and shooting a round though..

thinking of it...my buddy is gunna start a baddd habit of punching i think. he was drawing right as his clock was ticking the last few ticks and firing ASAP...

i love the kid...but he dont wanna hear a word i have to say about archery...hes been shooting a bow for a while now...i just started last year. with the help of you guys and the internet, i feel i know a decint bit about archery to shoot well, tune my equiptment etc etc. i know what torqueing a bow is. i know what canting a bow means. i know how to get my fieldpoints to group with my broadheads. i know how to hold my bow with the proper grip. just lots of stuff i know...that he doesnt know. when i even start to say something he just dont wanna hear it....says i dont know what im talking about and i just like to spend money blah blah etc...but after a week with the new bow(i never shot a real bow in my life before it) i was already shooting better than him..he dont wanna hear it...according to him what he does and shoots works and kills deer....i cant count how many i know he missed...and the 2 he killed were gut shots...one he found the next day...another small game hunter found a week later...he does do good by never shooting passed 15yds...the deer thank him for it..but sometimes i wish hed let me help...i might not know everything...but i know more than him..hes just one of them guys...ohhh well...when he starts punching the trigger and missing worse than he does now i will just smile....he still is salty about me beating him last week on the 3d course....but who goes home after work and practices?? oh..i do...lol...i dont know...to each his own...im glad im on the track im on though...
Old 07-06-2007, 08:49 PM
Typical Buck

Looks like I would have to travel to try it out...I remember seeing a setup a while ago, but the place it was at was closed down.