Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

3D Techno Hunt!

Old 01-07-2009, 08:18 AM

Default 3D Techno Hunt!

Any of you guys shoot this? I have been in a few leagues so far and it has been fun. Im just curious about the scoring system.There are times when the scoring seems to be a little off. You will make a perfect shot on an animal and think the system will be giving you a bullseye, but instead vitals, or a body. Also if you even touch the shoulder, it will give you a body.

Do any of you guys that shoot techno have a problem with the scoring system? Any tips on where the bullseye is, it is extremly tought to shoot a bullseye every shot!
Old 01-07-2009, 09:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 3D Techno Hunt!

My local pro shop has the DART system, which is very similar to the techno system. I have shot in a few leagues with it and HATE IT!!!!! My problem is I am very competitive and cannot just shoot in a league environment just to have "fun". The DART system like for you put the arrow right in the middle of the shoulder, a shot you would never want in real life.

As far as tips go, I have gathered a few.

1. We shoot four guys at a time. You can figure out who scene your next scene will follow. Pay close attention to where the bullseye is and aim for that spot (not always where you would normally place your arrow) if you are concerned with score.

2. Don't worry about the score, just place your arrow where you know it should be and accept the score the system gives you and just have "fun" shooting.
Old 01-07-2009, 09:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

It's fun i think.. Something to do in the off season.
Old 01-07-2009, 10:29 AM

ORIGINAL: kickin_buck

My local pro shop has the DART system, which is very similar to the techno system. I have shot in a few leagues with it and HATE IT!!!!! My problem is I am very competitive and cannot just shoot in a league environment just to have "fun".
I guess im in the same boat as you. I would love to take the Techno hunt serious and be competative, but it is very hard to when the scoring system is inconsistant.

Any reason why this is?

Old 01-07-2009, 10:41 AM
Fork Horn

my local shop has the techno hunt and i run into the same issues also. sometimes you just want to stand there and scratch your head after a shot. scoring is off sometimes but it is definitely a fun experience and can be a great way to compete with your buddies.
Old 01-07-2009, 11:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

one of our shops around my house has it, and i sometimes have a scoring problem with it, but it is still fun it is something to do
Old 01-07-2009, 11:40 AM
Giant Nontypical

It is fun, we didnt notice a problem with the scoring. Its cool taking a running shot but not having to move your bow
Old 01-07-2009, 01:34 PM
Super Moderator

I love techno hunt. If you're an a. rententive type of score keeping shooter then I can understand the dislike but I just try to remember that the guys on the other teams are dealing with the same quirkiness. I have learned to shoot it the way the guy typing in the bullseye's and vital's is thinks it should be.

You'll get a lot of 'body' hit scores on shots that would have been solid heart shots because you're a little too close to the shoulder or elbow. Sometimes the thing just robs you for no real reason and other times you'll pull a bad shot but it will give you a good hit score anyhow.

One time there were two bucks fighting in the scene. Right as I shot, they shifted their position. My arrow hit the buck low in the privates. In reality I would have given him a penectomy. It scored the shot as a 'vital' hit. I thought that was funny but just about every guy that I've talked to agreed that it was indeed a 'vital' hit.
[8D]
Old 01-07-2009, 05:07 PM

Any of you guys shooting in winter leagues yet?
Old 01-07-2009, 05:08 PM
Typical Buck

i agree everyone has the same quirkiness

ORIGINAL: HNI_Christine

I love techno hunt. If you're an a. rententive type of score keeping shooter then I can understand the dislike but I just try to remember that the guys on the other teams are dealing with the same quirkiness.

My arrow hit the buck low in the privates. In reality I would have given him a penectomy. It scored the shot as a 'vital' hit. I thought that was funny but just about every guy that I've talked to agreed that it was indeed a 'vital' hit.
[8D]
thats funny

Quick Reply: 3D Techno Hunt!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.