Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Techno Hunt

Old 08-27-2008, 10:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Techno Hunt

Who has ever shot the Techno Hunt? We just got a new one here in Auburn and it's very cool. Apparently it's been out for a few years, but you know us southerners, we're always the last to be introduced to new technology, haha. But I really like it, it makes target practice a lot of fun, and because of the popularity of the place, it's a good chance to meet other diehardbowhunters in our area. I've been twice since I found out about last week, plan on going much more. Some accuracy and scoring is questionable, and the deer don't ever duck the string, but I think it's almost as close as you can get to the real thing without being in the woods.
Old 08-27-2008, 10:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Techno Hunt

i like it alot but the place we have it at in my area all the people are dicks and i dont think they like me very much so i dont go very much...but the couple of times i did go i liked it alot
[align=left] [/align]
Old 08-27-2008, 11:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

I shoot it once it in a while and I really like it. Does cause some target panic though, be careful!!
Old 08-28-2008, 02:01 AM
Typical Buck

i like to drive down and do it a couple times a year at a nearby shop. Lots of fun
rick
Old 08-28-2008, 08:34 PM

I have never done it but i want to sometime.
Old 08-28-2008, 08:46 PM
Fork Horn

I've shot at one and it was pretty realistic. Tells your arrow speed and pops up on the screen where you hit it.
Old 08-28-2008, 08:56 PM
Super Moderator

It's a good time.

I like it much better than shooting at foam or spots.

There are so many different critters available that it's hard to get bored. Some scenes can be have you guessing and yelling at the critter. "Turn already, darn you!" We were shooting a scene where the deer was walking and the camera was sort of following along with him. Sort of. Very hard to shoot. My boyfriend did the classic "Meeeh" at the buck and it stopped right on cue. That was funny. Another time I was shooting with Deb (Lady Forge) and our arrows collided in flight. (Mine sent hers off course... heh heh)

Definitely try it if you get a chance.
Old 08-28-2008, 09:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Tikka 30-06

I shoot it once it in a while and I really like it. Does cause some target panic though, be careful!!

X2~~ Its a blast, but really be careful not to get addicted and do it much especially this close to hunting season. You will be punching the trigger like a fool. I used to be in a Techno league, lots of fun but bad habits made for an angry 3d season!! Gd Luck!!