Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What have you found Hunting? >

What have you found Hunting?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What have you found Hunting?

Old 07-11-2007, 07:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: What have you found Hunting?

i seen a guy getting a bj from a woman in public hunting parkin lot. he didn't care but i think the woman did.
Ive seen that too. My cousin and I were both thinking as we approaced surely that isnt what I think that is, but it was. Both were kinda startled...
Old 07-11-2007, 07:37 PM

I found a meth lab in a cooler when I was quail hunting one time.
Old 07-11-2007, 07:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

I was just out for a walk one day and i seen this old Piece of rusty pipe, i walked over to it here it was an underground house, someone had built, i went in there was old sleeping bags, junk cots, a wood burner, and a "freezer" has a well with running water, and its in a VERY concealed location, I really enjoy going up and camping in it, we found some old names carved into the wall on the inside of it, its REALLY cool.
When i was a little kid, i diddnt really know what cammo was, i hunted in jeans and a t-shirt, and i walked up and sat down next to a turkey hunter, and diddnt see him for about 3 hours, when he said "Boo" i still have nightmares about it
Some less interesting things ive found,
Packs of Cigarettes,
on 3 accasions groups of pot plants,
bag o' crack,
Cow corpse,
Dead turkeys,
Frozen deer,
walked up on a guy jerking off once sorta akward, i diddnt get too close though,
Nothing REALLY interesting.
Ryan
Old 07-11-2007, 07:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

I forgot this story my pap told me, of Hunters Ethics, His friend shot a huge 10 point out of his treestand i guess in all the excitement, he fell 20 feet to the ground, paralyzing him from the waist down, He laid there in pain for about 3 or 4 hours, till 2 guys came through, he got their attention, and asked them for help, They said we'll drag your deer out and then come back for you, they stole his deer and never returned, it was the first satruday of Rifle season, in Pennsylvania there is no hunting on sunday, he laid there till the following monday evening in pain, starving and cold, before he was rescued by a fellow sportsman he said he never forgot their faces and if he ever saw them he would kill them both on the spot.
I hope noone here would ever do that to another person.
Ryan
Old 07-11-2007, 09:29 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: my7pointmonster

I forgot this story my pap told me, of Hunters Ethics, His friend shot a huge 10 point out of his treestand i guess in all the excitement, he fell 20 feet to the ground, paralyzing him from the waist down, He laid there in pain for about 3 or 4 hours, till 2 guys came through, he got their attention, and asked them for help, They said we'll drag your deer out and then come back for you, they stole his deer and never returned, it was the first satruday of Rifle season, in Pennsylvania there is no hunting on sunday, he laid there till the following monday evening in pain, starving and cold, before he was rescued by a fellow sportsman he said he never forgot their faces and if he ever saw them he would kill them both on the spot.
I hope noone here would ever do that to another person.
Ryan
That's not a story about hunter ethics. That's a story about not being a compassionate, decent human being. That simply amazes me. I would NEVER leave another person stranded like that. I'd get him/her out or we'd both die trying.
Old 07-11-2007, 11:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Man, i cant believe some of the stuff you all have found. I havent found anything too special other than a few old tractor parts, old cars, and stuff like that...no meth labs or cocaine for me!
Old 07-12-2007, 07:52 AM

Back in my days of hunting Eglin AFB Florida back in the 70s, I came across of case of unexploded war-game (practice) hand gernades.
Old 07-12-2007, 08:48 AM

When I was about seventeen I found a very nice and large pot field along the edge of a woods by some RR tracks. It was only about four feet wide but about fifty yards long. All nice and tilled up planted in stages with some plants as tall as me and some a foot tall. At the time I was not 100% sure it was pot but knew it was strange seeing it out there so I pulled up a whole plant and took it back to the ranger station and got some pretty intense looks from a group or rangers as a kid is walking up with a shotgun in one hand and a pot plant in the other. The only other cool thing I can remember happening is was I was in my ladder stand and a guy walks up looks around and takes a leak and then gets ready to start to drop his pants for a crap when I stopped him and told him to leave, the look on his face as his pants where starting to come down was priceless!
Old 07-12-2007, 02:59 PM

for all of those who found pot plants, did u always turn them into to authorities. i would be somewhat fearful of retaliation or if someone walked up on me while i was standing over there 100 pot plants, lol. im not sure what i would do. [&:]