Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What have you found Hunting? >

What have you found Hunting?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What have you found Hunting?

Old 07-04-2007, 09:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default What have you found Hunting?

What is the neatest or most interesting thing or item you have found when you went out Hunting?

Mine was what I found last year when we planted a Food Plot on the back side of our Ridge Field about 60 yards out from the woods where my ladder stand is!It was an Indian Arrowhead....pink and white in color with a small black tip.I had a friend make me a wooden arrow shaft and I am going to sand it down smooth,put some real life feathers on it and paint it with some kind of design and mount the arrowhead on it and place it across one of my Buck mounts to show it off.Whats really cool is that some Indianhad use that arrowhead and lost it in the ground where it has been hidden away for many many years and now I'm Bow Hunting that same area where they had hunted with much older primative equipment that what we havenow!
Old 07-04-2007, 09:34 PM

Default RE: What have you found Hunting?

At the risk of sounding hella gay.......The best thing I have found while bowhunting is myself. A person wanders through this life for a good many years sometimes trying to find out who he really is......I found that 25 feet up in a tree, with a bow hanging next to me. I don't know, maybe it's because God and I can spend some time together there......But whatever it is, that's the deal.
Old 07-04-2007, 09:42 PM

ORIGINAL: mobowhuntr

At the risk of sounding hella gay.......The best thing I have found while bowhunting is myself. A person wanders through this life for a good many years sometimes trying to find out who he really is......I found that 25 feet up in a tree, with a bow hanging next to me. I don't know, maybe it's because God and I can spend some time together there......But whatever it is, that's the deal.
Doesn't sound gay whatsoever. Its amazing the things you can find out about yourself 25' up a tree.

I went out spring gobbler hunting one day and found a pinkish white seashell on the top of a mountain. Not too sure how it got there but it was a pretty cool find.

Old 07-05-2007, 06:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

I never really found anything too wierd while hunting but my cousin did a few years ago in Juniata county outside of mifflintown. He was out turkey hunting one year and noticed a guy leaning up against a tree so he went to walk around him but thought something seemed odd. He decided to check on him and saw that he was dead as a door nail. We got back to camp to meet Bradand there was a note that read. "Found a dead guy out by the pipeline. Showing the police where he is, the beer's in the fridge...Brad". Here the guy emptied his bank account, drove out into the woods and put a rifle under his chin. He had $5,000.00 bucks in his pocket and the police said they searched that entire area months prior with dogsand never found him. Sounds to me like they need new dogs.
Old 07-05-2007, 07:12 AM
Dominant Buck

mobo.....God and I commune less than we should....and that's all my fault. We make up for lost time in the Fall. I'm already looking forward to it.

I found this tree just a few yards from where one of my '06 deer fell. Don't ask me why......I just think it's magnificent.

Old 07-05-2007, 07:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

mobo.....God and I commune less than we should....and that's all my fault. We make up for lost time in the Fall. I'm already looking forward to it.

I'm right there with you Jeff.

I find that I usually feel much closer to God after a nice, quiet, reflective hunt in His woods than I ever have after leaving church on Sunday morning.
Old 07-05-2007, 07:32 AM
Fork Horn

We purchased our land 5 years ago and while plowing up ground for our food plots, I also found an arrow head. I think it is the coolest thing Ive ever found in the woods. On a state land I once found an old glass bottle labeled Warners Safe Kidney and Liver Cure. I still have both these items.
Old 07-05-2007, 07:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Jeff -

Think that tree is trying to tell you something????
Old 07-05-2007, 07:38 AM
Giant Nontypical

Jeff, that tree is hung. I didn't know there were stud oaks in NC.

I don't know about finding many cool things, but my one spot is near a bit of an "urban" environment, so it's not uncommon for me to find some burned out cars, a cigarette machine, a broken motorcycle, some couches, and other various odd objects littered in the woods.
Old 07-05-2007, 07:44 AM
Fork Horn

while out scouting some of our property in northern illinois, me and my dad stumbled across a rifle, but not just any rifle, we took it to the local gun smith and had him research it and come to find out it was a rifle from ww2, so we had him completely refinish the gun to working order, me and my father both shot the gun once apiece and hung it above my first deer i harvested off that piece of property, its an awesome thing to be out with nature and i agree with you guys, the outdoors is the reason im still here, i was headed down a bath path in my younger years, and my father kept pushing for me to get involved, so i did and everything i have to this day i owe to my father and the great outdoors.....kinda cheesy but honest

Quick Reply: What have you found Hunting?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.