Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hogs and Exotics
 I go out hog hunting and look at what I found. >

I go out hog hunting and look at what I found.

Community
Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

I go out hog hunting and look at what I found.

Old 03-31-2007, 08:55 PM
Dominant Buck

Default I go out hog hunting and look at what I found.

Actually, I went to the farm to pick up some old farm equipment. I brought my bow and some camo to see if I could find a hog to put an arrow in. While I was picking up some old planters, I hear some turkeys gobbling in the distance. So I throw on some camo and grab my bow. Needless to say, I didnt have a call or a decoy with me. I dont have turkey on my land, or havent seen one in over 10 years. I set up in a clearing and do my best hen calls, pucks, clucks, and purs with my mouth. I guess it was good enough because I got this guy to come in to about 45 yards. He comes in struting looking for a hen, so I puck at him the get his head up and let the arrow fly. Looks like my spring turkey season started earlier than I planed. I usually turkey hunt in Brock Texas and dont plan on doing any turkey hunting for two weeks. Im not going to grip. The only down side, I only had fixed blades, and I usually use mechanicals on Turkey. I shot him between the breasts and took of his beard. No problem, it was not that long of a beard anyway. Just a little over an inch.

Old 03-31-2007, 09:00 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: I go out hog hunting and look at what I found.

Heck Kent, you kill more stuff by accident than most people do on purpose!
Old 03-31-2007, 09:11 PM
Dominant Buck

Thats the only way i can do it. Lol. When I try, I see nothing, or at least thats the way my deer season went. One deer this year. Saw tuns of hogs while deer hunting, but only one deer. Well I guess two. I shot that one in Brock that got washed away down the Brazos, but only one on my land. We have already eaten this year deer. And of course, I see deer every time I go out to pick something up at the farm. Go figure. Ill show up in Brock in two weeks and see no birds, mark my words. But I bet ill see a million deer.

Im still planning a bike trip to Dallas this summer. Ill be stopping in Burelson to visit some friends. Ill get in touch with you. Well have to grab a burger or something. By the way, are there any fish in P.K.. Id like to shot some carp, or cats if the lake ever recovers from the golden algae. My cousin has a cabin that usually has some great spots to shoot some fish. He doesnt fish, so he has no idea.
Old 04-01-2007, 07:07 AM
Dominant Buck

Ask and thou shall recieve!
Old 04-01-2007, 07:32 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: burniegoeasily
Id like to shot some carp, or cats if the lake ever recovers from the golden algae. My cousin has a cabin that usually has some great spots to shoot some fish. He doesnt fish, so he has no idea.
I figure this weekend would have been a good time with all the rain we've had. I kill lots of carp when the water is up. The lake has recovered real good from the algae.
I took off today (Sunday) got my fishing bow ready but man I am exhausted from this crazy work schedule that I am just going to stay home cut out a few knives and cook some steaks on the grill later today.
I was hoping to get a few gars on the bank this weekend. PK is awesome for gar this time of year. Gar are real good to eat if you take out the back strap. Taste just like catfish.
Yell at me when you come in town, I'll make time to meet you.
Bob <><
Old 04-01-2007, 07:59 AM
Giant Nontypical

Kent

Congrats on the bird.

Hopefully Bob will let me know when you come to town, I would like to meet ya as well.

and cook some steaks on the grill later today.
What time you want me there Bob
Old 04-01-2007, 08:25 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: Ausie-guy

Kent

Congrats on the bird.

Hopefully Bob will let me know when you come to town, I would like to meet ya as well.

and cook some steaks on the grill later today.
What time you want me there Bob
Bob, you lucky Rascal, you hit the Lotto!
Old 04-01-2007, 08:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

You can do down below the dam at PK and see if there's some trout to catch! Lake Graham looks like it would be a decent carp lake back towards New Castle where the roadside park is! I need to come up there and see if I can scare up a turkey or look for a hog at Jermyn.
Old 04-01-2007, 10:33 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: RLoving1

You can do down below the dam at PK and see if there's some trout to catch! Lake Graham looks like it would be a decent carp lake back towards New Castle where the roadside park is! I need to come up there and see if I can scare up a turkey or look for a hog at Jermyn.
Trout are all gone now, I usually catch a few, my lake house is only fifteen minutes from there. I did kill a bunch of ducks there this last year. I go to Graham all the time, but I've never even been to the lake. The water is only about 75 yards from my lake house at PK. So I don't venture too far away from where Mama can keep an eye out for me. Here's aviewfrom my front porch. This is when the lake was down almost 12 feet. Three years ago.

Old 04-02-2007, 04:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

I hunt deer at Jermyn,my son lives in New Castle.Thats why I venture up there from time to time.Careful in Mal-mart,there's a guy they call goat man jack...he's real fond of his pet deer!May make a run to the deer huntin country to see if there's any spring tree rats coming out also!

Quick Reply: I go out hog hunting and look at what I found.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.