Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 BEN PEARSON BOWS >

BEN PEARSON BOWS

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

BEN PEARSON BOWS

Old 06-27-2007, 01:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default BEN PEARSON BOWS

I heard of these guys and went to their website to see what they were like. I have owned one of their long bows but i didnt know much about thier compounds. If you know anything about them or if they are any good please tell me. Thanks
Old 06-27-2007, 03:09 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: BEN PEARSON BOWS

I never have figured out if McPherson bought Pearson or if Pearson bought McPherson, but they're one and the same. McPherson Archery is the company Matt McPherson started and then sold off before he came back and started up Mathews. They make good stuff and they've got very good customer service.
Old 06-27-2007, 04:55 PM

Real nice bows and a great value.
I know where you could get one?
Old 06-27-2007, 07:25 PM
Typical Buck

Arthur, I may be mistaken, but I think Pearson bought McPherson but seems like they either sold the McPherson line or discontinued it. Pretty sure I saw something (maybe on their website) that stated they were no longer carrying the McPherson line to concentrate on their Pearson products. Most people familiar with Pearson products would agree they are top notch.
Old 06-27-2007, 08:27 PM
Fork Horn

I currently have a Switchback. What Pearson bow would be similar to the SB? How do they compare?
Old 06-27-2007, 08:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

It's been about five years since I had a Pearson, aeroslinger, and about 8 years since I had a McPherson. The Pearson 440 Quad was almost the exact same bow as the McPherson SoloLite I had. I know they cut down the McPherson line way back to only a couple of high end models a couple of years ago, so it wouldn't surpize me in the least if they discontinued them. But Pearson bows still 'borrow' heavily from McPherson design concepts.