Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Just got invited on a "management" hunt. >

Just got invited on a "management" hunt.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Just got invited on a "management" hunt.

Old 06-22-2007, 09:24 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Just got invited on a "management" hunt.

I would have said a polite no thanks, with dial tone soon to follow[:-]
Old 06-22-2007, 09:25 AM
Dominant Buck

Guys I don't have my mind made up at all (assuming all the planets aligned, anyways). Just don't pass judgement on me, personally. I value your opinions on what YOU would do......but please put yourself, REALISTICALLY, in my shoes.
Old 06-22-2007, 09:26 AM
Dominant Buck

Germ:

I'm doing over a $1M worth of work with this guy. I need him more than he needs me. I won't be rude.

gus...GR8...others....GREAT points. Thanks for your input.
Old 06-22-2007, 09:29 AM
Bartender

Go for it. Sometimes one thing opens up doors for another.
ORIGINAL: GMMAT

Outfitter in OH......happens to have a side business that I contract with. JUST called and invited me on a hunt.....at "cost". We talk for a while....and he realizes I know enough not to sound dumb. I offer to do "management" hunt....and he says "no cost".....if I'll take a doe, too.

So....would this be something you would do? it goes back to my "restrictions" thread. I'll be hunting under his "restrictions".....but it'll only cost me an OH license.

I'm guessing I could possibly be looking at a 140"+ "management" deer if it pans out. LOTS of things would have to align.....but I think I'll do it if I get the chance. If nothing else....It would be cool to see a TRUE "monarch" on the hoof.....even if I had to just watch.
Old 06-22-2007, 09:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Germ:

I'm doing over a $1M worth of work with this guy. I need him more than he needs me. I won't be rude.
Definitely something else to consider, and I think kind of puts you in a pickle as to your decision. I would be going on the hunt, now for two reasons.
Old 06-22-2007, 09:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

"GO" have a great time & enjoy the chance that many "WISH' they had.
Good Luck. I've been Bowhunting 51 years now & I have done "MANY" Bowhunts-I would jump on that in a min..
Like I said "GOOD LUCK" & have "FUN".
Old 06-22-2007, 09:39 AM
Giant Nontypical

Germ:

gus...GR8...others....GREAT points. Thanks for your input.
Honda's ,Fat chicks and canned hunts are three things you don't want your Friends to find out you enjoy.

And that is because all three are just plain wrong.................[][:'(][][:@]

You have unlimited tags for your area and you have stated that the herd needs reduced so do what is right and politely decline.
Old 06-22-2007, 09:41 AM

If it was my decision to make and I had business ties with him that really mattered that much and this could make things better, it's no brainer - go and have some fun.

Like you said he's got some other awesome monarchs to watch and you'll have a picture I bet of the caul buck to shot. A doe on top for the freezer is a bonus I'd shot the doe first then wait out the buck.
Consider it done if you need a substitute cause I'll volunteer to set in your place
Old 06-22-2007, 09:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Perhaps you would have been better off to keep this decision private Jeff. Tough crowd you're dealing with here. As far as doing what is right bawana, who made you the expert?
Old 06-22-2007, 09:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

The business relationship complicates things IMO. You don't want to insult the man by simply saying no, but you have your standards and morals to consider.

That's a tough one Jeff.

Quick Reply: Just got invited on a "management" hunt.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.