Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 need advice on a release >

need advice on a release

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

need advice on a release

Old 06-14-2007, 07:09 AM

Default need advice on a release

I recently made the commitment to shooting my back tension release full time, and I cant believe how much it has improved my consistancy. I tried shooting a couple of Carter thumb triggers last night and was all over the place and could not get comfortable. I am looking for some sugestions on a good back tension or thumb trigger that I could use for hunting. I would prefer a back tension. I just dont want to go back to my wrist strap after seeing how much better I shoot with my back tension[/align]
Old 06-15-2007, 05:48 AM

Default RE: need advice on a release

I shot a Winn Free Flight for 10 years or so until the 05 season. I switched to a Carter Target 4 and never looked back. Give it a chance it took me at least a week to get comfortable with the whole back tension thing. I too was all over and even fired it before having the bow fully anchored (lol). I'msure if you keep at ityour confidence will build.
Old 06-15-2007, 06:35 AM
Dominant Buck

Someone is making a trigger release that fits in the palm of your hand, now (although it IS a strap style release). The trigger is operated more back in you hand. If target panic (or the like) was bothering me....I'd give this release a look.

Also....my Scott Sabertooth is adjustable to be able to utilize the second knuckle of the index finger.....further back in the hand.

If I were to be able to give you any advice on something I had familiarity with....it would be this.

Good luck.
Old 06-15-2007, 07:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

I went to a TRU BALL Chappy Boss thumb trigger last year and love it. Give it a try.