Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 New release advice >

New release advice

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

New release advice

Old 01-02-2008, 07:15 PM
Typical Buck

Default New release advice

Right now I shoot a trufire hurricane and even with it screwed all the way in I still find myself reaching for the trigger. Can anyone recommend a good shorter release? Would a back tension release be better than a trigger? I think I would definitely want to stay with a wrist strap style though. Thanks for the advice.

Thanks, John
Old 01-02-2008, 07:20 PM

Default RE: New release advice

I shoot a Carter Quickie 2 Plus...I've tried lots of others. The Quickie is the smoothest and quietest for me. You won't be disappointed.
Old 01-02-2008, 07:23 PM
Fork Horn

i shoot a cobra green mamba. i never thought I would have cobra anything, but it is really a great release. Adjustable length (goes VERY short) and adjustable trigger pull. leather buckle strap and great quality.
Old 01-02-2008, 07:42 PM
Fork Horn

I use the Scott Wildcat with a buckle. Very compact and works great.
Old 01-02-2008, 07:58 PM

First off, the hurricane is a tru FIRE release...not truball.....

If you are shooting w/ a rope loop, get a release w/ smaller jaws, such as the truball Titan or copperhead.
Old 01-02-2008, 08:15 PM
Typical Buck

Absolutely correct sir, that is what I meant. I have this unexplainable gap between my brain and my fingers when it comes to typing.
Old 01-02-2008, 08:27 PM

ORIGINAL: loogout1

Absolutely correct sir, that is what I meant. I have this unexplainable gap between my brain and my fingers when it comes to typing.
Believe me when I tell you I understand......COMPLETELY! [&o]
Old 01-02-2008, 10:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

check out scott.

I just switched to a sabertooth and love it.
Old 01-03-2008, 09:13 AM

ORIGINAL: loogout1

Right now I shoot a trufire hurricane and even with it screwed all the way in I still find myself reaching for the trigger. Can anyone recommend a good shorter release? Would a back tension release be better than a trigger? I think I would definitely want to stay with a wrist strap style though. Thanks for the advice.

Thanks, John
wow, i've got the same release and if feels incredibly short to me and i'm not someone with freakishly long hands/finger or anything (can't palm a basketball), i like this release so far, has a nice smooth feel and seems built very well... do you need your finger to wrap all the way around the trigger?? mine hit between the first and second knuckle (a touch closer to the first)... maybe it has to do with where you are strappin it up at? just wonderin...
Old 01-03-2008, 02:31 PM
Typical Buck

I'm not a big man by any means. I have the buckle strap and the tightest I can put it is the 3rd to last hole. Even with it this tight I'm always hitting it with the first section of my pointer. No matter what I do, I cant get it to fall between the 1st and 2nd knuckle.

Quick Reply: New release advice

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.