Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Ticks

Old 06-04-2007, 09:04 PM

Default RE: Ticks

ORIGINAL: Rickmur

Peramone. Last's through a couple washings and is scent free. Never ever found a tick on myself when useing it.
Same here. The only time I get ticks on me is when I forget to treat my clothes with permanone. As far as hunting with it on does not change much for me. If the wind is not right I dont hunt the stand.
Old 06-04-2007, 11:26 PM

ORIGINAL: Rickmur

Peramone. Last's through a couple washings and is scent free. Never ever found a tick on myself when useing it.
Same here. PA is lousey with ticks. Permanone is the only stuff that hasn't spooked a deer that I've used.
Other than that "Rhinoskin" undergarments are great too.
Old 06-05-2007, 06:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: markj

ORIGINAL: moose1915

ORIGINAL: Killer_Primate

It is the circle of life my man;I have come to grips with it fore I am the erect primate who thinks logically. I sit back and shut-up and let them feed, knowing full well, that by the days end their little insignificant life will be over and I will continue another day. I suppose you could spray on whatever, or move around a bunch in an effort to find them and kill them before they bite in, but those things take away from your success. I am there to eat, the deer are there to eat and the ticks are no different. The only real difference is; if my plan plays out the way I intend, I'm the only one that lives to see another day.

See ya,

KP
thats the stupidest thing i've read on this website. ever.

i have lyme disease, and believe me you DO NOT want it.

would you knowingly let a west nile infected mosquito bite you?

would you have unprotected sex with an aids infected partner?

get real.
It was a joke, and it was pretty. Thank you Killer.
At least someone got it...

You guys need to relax, and then, maybe, you will start to enjoy yourself!
Old 06-05-2007, 06:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: moose1915

ORIGINAL: Killer_Primate

It is the circle of life my man;I have come to grips with it fore I am the erect primate who thinks logically. I sit back and shut-up and let them feed, knowing full well, that by the days end their little insignificant life will be over and I will continue another day. I suppose you could spray on whatever, or move around a bunch in an effort to find them and kill them before they bite in, but those things take away from your success. I am there to eat, the deer are there to eat and the ticks are no different. The only real difference is; if my plan plays out the way I intend, I'm the only one that lives to see another day.

See ya,

KP
thats the stupidest thing i've read on this website. ever.

i have lyme disease, and believe me you DO NOT want it.

would you knowingly let a west nile infected mosquito bite you?

would you have unprotected sex with an aids infected partner?

get real.
I think the lyme has consumed your sense of humor...
Old 06-05-2007, 06:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: GoGoGadgetGuardian

I hunt in md and early season is the worst for chiggers and ticks. I found a tick in my side 2 days later once...All i could see was his little behind sticking out of my skin. Last year, I wasnt prepared with the chiggers and I went to jump in the shower after hunting...and what do I see???? A dang chigger on my []... AHHH! although its about bite size for him, i still wont let him eat me... I dont know what Im gonna do... probably tape my pants to my ankles, shirt to my wrists. I dont want to wear repellants.
If you're gonna tape yourself up like that, I heard a pretty good tip. Use duct tape, sticky side out. When the buggers start crawling up, they'll get stuck to the tape. Also, I've actually done this and caughta few of the lil buggers, use one of those sticky lint rollers on yourself when you get out of the woods (maybe a little more often if you have a real problem with them). They come right off of your clothes and get stuck to the roller. I still think permanone is the way to go though if you really want to avoid them.
Old 06-05-2007, 11:48 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: RIStrutStopper

You can use any permathrin based repellant. I used Repel with "Permanone" during spring turkey season and I didn't get one bugger on me this season. You treat your clothes with it, and when it dries it is odorless. I have had deer walk up to within feet of me in the spring without spooking.

Amen to that...... Permathrin work if put on right.
Old 06-05-2007, 12:10 PM
Spike

Thanks for the info. I know it'll help this fall

Happy Hunting
Old 06-05-2007, 05:54 PM
Typical Buck

Early season here can be rough in some spot with larvae. I have riends who will wear tyvex suits to the stand on top of their camo. The put it in a bag and wear another on out. It may be worht a shot depending on how bad it is by you.