Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Ticks

Old 06-04-2007, 05:57 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Ticks

Peramone. Last's through a couple washings and is scent free. Never ever found a tick on myself when useing it.
Old 06-04-2007, 06:53 PM

Ourticks are only around from April until July then they seem vansih we start hunting at the end of August and no ticks thank God because I hate them little bastards and luckly we don't have the ticks that carry lyme disease in our area but I don't want to find out either.
Old 06-04-2007, 07:00 PM

ORIGINAL: Rickmur

Peramone. Last's through a couple washings and is scent free. Never ever found a tick on myself when useing it.
Yea...this stuff is the cat's meow for early season hunts when ticks are still in full swing. Any permanone bug spray will do the trick. You just spray your clothes down a day or two before hunting and let it dry, then you are good to go. It will smell strong when you spray it on but after it dries the scent is gone. And this stuff works. I have actually found ticks on my pants that were dead, but other than that not a one. Another thing...make sure you dont spray it on your skin cuz it that strong that it will cause skin irritation.
Old 06-04-2007, 07:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Killer_Primate

It is the circle of life my man;I have come to grips with it fore I am the erect primate who thinks logically. I sit back and shut-up and let them feed, knowing full well, that by the days end their little insignificant life will be over and I will continue another day. I suppose you could spray on whatever, or move around a bunch in an effort to find them and kill them before they bite in, but those things take away from your success. I am there to eat, the deer are there to eat and the ticks are no different. The only real difference is; if my plan plays out the way I intend, I'm the only one that lives to see another day.

See ya,

KP
Damn, if I didn't know any better, I'd swear this was writtenby Top Dawg!
Old 06-04-2007, 07:04 PM

I hunt in md and early season is the worst for chiggers and ticks. I found a tick in my side 2 days later once...All i could see was his little behind sticking out of my skin. Last year, I wasnt prepared with the chiggers and I went to jump in the shower after hunting...and what do I see???? A dang chigger on my []... AHHH! although its about bite size for him, i still wont let him eat me... I dont know what Im gonna do... probably tape my pants to my ankles, shirt to my wrists. I dont want to wear repellants.
Old 06-04-2007, 07:39 PM

I got my first one on my side this week. I wasn't even in the woods [:@]
Old 06-04-2007, 07:56 PM

Well I ignore them here in CT along with theaches & pains for a year passing it off as "getting older" then lose total mobility in both shoulders,hands,& 1 knee before getting tested positive for lime.yeeaaaaaaahhhhh!
Can you say handicap crossbow permit?
Old 06-04-2007, 08:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

We generally never have to worry about Ticks by the time our bow season opens on Oct 1 , however they're everywhere right now. Just this past weekend while hooking up the plow there wereover a dozenmaking the climb up!Even shooting the Encore, there were 3 climbing up the dang target! As bad as I've ever seen 'em!
Old 06-04-2007, 08:44 PM

ORIGINAL: RIStrutStopper

You can use any permathrin based repellant. I used Repel with "Permanone" during spring turkey season and I didn't get one bugger on me this season. You treat your clothes with it, and when it dries it is odorless. I have had deer walk up to within feet of me in the spring without spooking.
I had forgotten all about that stuff. It does work.

germ said scent lok works.
Old 06-04-2007, 08:47 PM

ORIGINAL: moose1915

ORIGINAL: Killer_Primate

It is the circle of life my man;I have come to grips with it fore I am the erect primate who thinks logically. I sit back and shut-up and let them feed, knowing full well, that by the days end their little insignificant life will be over and I will continue another day. I suppose you could spray on whatever, or move around a bunch in an effort to find them and kill them before they bite in, but those things take away from your success. I am there to eat, the deer are there to eat and the ticks are no different. The only real difference is; if my plan plays out the way I intend, I'm the only one that lives to see another day.

See ya,

KP
thats the stupidest thing i've read on this website. ever.

i have lyme disease, and believe me you DO NOT want it.

would you knowingly let a west nile infected mosquito bite you?

would you have unprotected sex with an aids infected partner?

get real.
It was a joke, and it was pretty. Thank you Killer.

Quick Reply: Ticks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.