HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Ticks
Thread: Ticks
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2007, 06:10 AM
RIStrutStopper
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Ticks

ORIGINAL: GoGoGadgetGuardian

I hunt in md and early season is the worst for chiggers and ticks. I found a tick in my side 2 days later once...All i could see was his little behind sticking out of my skin. Last year, I wasnt prepared with the chiggers and I went to jump in the shower after hunting...and what do I see???? A dang chigger on my []... AHHH! although its about bite size for him, i still wont let him eat me... I dont know what Im gonna do... probably tape my pants to my ankles, shirt to my wrists. I dont want to wear repellants.
If you're gonna tape yourself up like that, I heard a pretty good tip. Use duct tape, sticky side out. When the buggers start crawling up, they'll get stuck to the tape. Also, I've actually done this and caughta few of the lil buggers, use one of those sticky lint rollers on yourself when you get out of the woods (maybe a little more often if you have a real problem with them). They come right off of your clothes and get stuck to the roller. I still think permanone is the way to go though if you really want to avoid them.