Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 High-Fence opperation in my area!! Please Read!!! >

High-Fence opperation in my area!! Please Read!!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

High-Fence opperation in my area!! Please Read!!!

Old 05-02-2007, 07:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: High-Fence opperation in my area!! Please Read!!!

Well said Swamp Collie.
Old 05-02-2007, 07:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

I find it strange that guys around here get so worked up about high fence. I believe that the only reason you guys care is because the guy that pays to shoot a buck has a mount with a bigger rack than yours. So now you can't be happy with the one you have because you need one bigger than that guy.

If you are a horn hunter you have to compete against yourself. If you are going to sit there and hem and haw about deer being killed for money or whatever then stop buying store bought food.

Do you really want to stop high fence hunting? Here's how! As a collective group stop hunting for horns, don't mount your deer and don't talk about racks!!!!!!!!!!

Good Luck

Tom
Old 05-02-2007, 07:17 AM
bigcountry

You know I don't like high fenced hunting. But what really gets me sick is people that lets it bother them so much. Worry about your own hunt, your own deer, your own equipment.

I am regulated and legistated to death. Everybody wants more and more rules put on them.

Old 05-02-2007, 07:22 AM
Boone & Crockett

I have hunted a 600 acre parcel of private land and also millions of acres of public land and 600 acres aint crap!!!!!!!!!!!A wild deer can cover the distance from one side of that 600 to the other in jut a few minutes if it needed to.

But it's their land and if they want to cater to those that have something to prove to no one that actually cares then so be it.
Old 05-02-2007, 07:28 AM
Dominant Buck

I find these threads humorous.

I don't mind high fence hunting any more than I mind a guy going to the butcher to get a side of beef. I just don't wanna hear the guy that went to the butcher tell me how he stalked up on the great steer and took him with a 700 mag from 200yds...lol.

I've posted that there are 2 questions I ask when I see a deer mount at a friend or acquaintence's house:

1- Where it was taken
2- What weapon was used (and the distance of the shot)

"I" form "MY" opinion from there.

Old 05-02-2007, 07:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

It's private land, it's their right to fence it and IF they choose to operate a deer "Farm" then that's there choice. I personally am NOT for this type of "killing" but it would anger me if someone tried to tell me what I can and can't do with MY own land.
Yeah, why don't they just open it to the general public like a zoo and let parents bring their kids to watch Dad or Mom murder a deer that has no where to escape. That is beautiful. Just let our kids grow up seeing this "it's their land and farm so just let them do whatever they want to there", and one day when our kids are grown, they probably will care less about "hunting" animals in fair chase. It's this mentality towards society that makes me SICK. I am not saying "you" make me sick, just the mentality or beliefs behind the statement.

I for one think this type of killing hurts us to the Nth degree. What does that kind of BS say to PETA. Oh, I hunt fair chase, but I don't mind JoeBlow down the road operating his "SLAUGHTER FIELD-FOR-FUN". That says a lot to the public, PETA, and our families.

My .2c,

LT
Old 05-02-2007, 07:42 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: statjunk

I find it strange that guys around here get so worked up about high fence. I believe that the only reason you guys care is because the guy that pays to shoot a buck has a mount with a bigger rack than yours. So now you can't be happy with the one you have because you need one bigger than that guy.

If you are a horn hunter you have to compete against yourself. If you are going to sit there and hem and haw about deer being killed for money or whatever then stop buying store bought food.

Do you really want to stop high fence hunting? Here's how! As a collective group stop hunting for horns, don't mount your deer and don't talk about racks!!!!!!!!!!

Good Luck

Tom

I am going to find a bigger Morel than you this weekend
Old 05-02-2007, 07:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

I find these threads humorous.

I don't mind high fence hunting any more than I mind a guy going to the butcher to get a side of beef. I just don't wanna hear the guy that went to the butcher tell me how he stalked up on the great steer and took him with a 700 mag from 200yds...lol.

I've posted that there are 2 questions I ask when I see a deer mount at a friend or acquaintence's house:

1- Where it was taken
2- What weapon was used (and the distance of the shot)

"I" form "MY" opinion from there.

Well putJeff. Ifsome guys shows me pictures of a huge 160+ deer i would be extremely impressed andhappy for him. If he says that he killed it with a bow, even moreimpressed. If he said he shot it at a "deer farm" i would not be impressed at all...
Old 05-02-2007, 07:45 AM
Dominant Buck

Michael....that's JUST "my" opinion. I'm not passing judgement on anyone's "Accomplishments". I simply weigh them, PERSONALLY.

I think, deep-down......we all do this. I could be wrong.
Old 05-02-2007, 07:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

I think we all judge people whether we want to admit it or not. That judgement depends on a lot of factors that are unique to each individual.

Quick Reply: High-Fence opperation in my area!! Please Read!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.