Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 High-Fence opperation in my area!! Please Read!!! >

High-Fence opperation in my area!! Please Read!!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

High-Fence opperation in my area!! Please Read!!!

Old 05-01-2007, 07:51 PM

Default RE: High-Fence opperation in my area!! Please Read!!!

Go and cut the fence at night.
Old 05-01-2007, 08:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

It's private land, it's their right to fence it and IF they choose to operate a deer "Farm" then that's there choice. I personally am NOT for this type of "killing" but it would anger me if someone tried to tell me what I can and can't do with MY own land.
Old 05-01-2007, 09:54 PM

P&Y Chaser,
I grew up in Mansfield, so this isn't far from my old back yard either!

I guess I am torn, while I think any "wild" animal should have the chance to be able to escape and that deer shouldn't be kept as livestock, I see the viewpoint that these people can host as many rich, lazy pansies as they want on their own land.

My favorite part of their website is the following pic:

If this doesn't turnout, you can see it here

Yes, buddy, you and your tattoos are all man shooting a farm raised deer that probably was hand-fed for the first few years of it's life with a high-powered rifle from a distance of probably less than 100yards after a guide led you to the deer and probably wiped your ass after you went #2. You sir, are all man.
Old 05-01-2007, 10:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

dj, i know that pic is a joke! That was one of the first pics i really looked at, and was the first that really told me this was a high-fence opperation. The rifle tipped me off. Well i hope this guy likes his deer that he can't enter in the books!
Old 05-01-2007, 11:07 PM
Fork Horn

Its simple to eliminate places like this you eliminate their market teh weak hunter. A person that pays to go kill livestock in a fence has a differnt type of personality and doing this makes them feel like more of a hunter. If you belittle the fact about this kind of hunting to them they will feel shame. Shame the peopel from doign it start clubs bumper stickers or whatever. Making people feel as if they will be the butt of everyones joke then they will think twice about doing it. Take away the hunters the ranch will soon go.
Old 05-02-2007, 05:52 AM
Giant Nontypical

Ye we have a similar matter going on across the river from our property in Neillsville WI. From what I have heard is the owner of the local pro shop in town, who happens to be the mayors son, is supposed to be locking his leased land down after he buys it and is supposed to be putting up a high fence and charge for hunts. Im totally against this as well as many other neighbors. A few years back we shot a possible county possibly state record buck off our land, it crossed the river went ontoa good friends lease and wegot permission to to track across hisand find it.I found the last spot of blood on the land right at the fencethat the pro shop owner leases. Sowe packed up and headed back to thefarm, gave him a call and he refused to let anyone in there at all, not even if there were no weapons.The buck was never retrieved by us but is probably sitting on his wall. Ohh this gets better. After i had bought some arrows from him last year, I had heard from my wifes cousin who heard it from a friend of the pro-shop owner, that he was recently on the land with the pro-shop owner and apparently he has several huge activebunker feeders on the property for the deer. This is illegal in Wi. it seems he has so much pull as hes the mayors son. I will not step foot in his shop ever again after hearing about the feeders. The down fall of it is now the closest pro shop is 25 miles away, but I do have one right across from where I work. I am strongly thinking about giving the DNR an anomous tip about the bunker feeders on his property. Do you think I should?
Old 05-02-2007, 06:45 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: wis_bow_huntr

I am strongly thinking about giving the DNR an anomous tip about the bunker feeders on his property. Do you think I should?
Absolutely do! The guy is breaking the law in addition to being a jerk.

That being said, legally operated fenced hunting places are just that .... legally operated. To each his own .. this has to be the most popular topic on here ..... why do people feel the need to bust on what someone else is doing???? It's LEGAL!!!! For the record, I wouldn't pay money to do it ..... just needed to say that in case someone thought I was trying to protect the way I hunt......

What is that popping noise?

Old 05-02-2007, 06:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: wis_bow_huntr

Ye we have a similar matter going on across the river from our property in Neillsville WI. From what I have heard is the owner of the local pro shop in town, who happens to be the mayors son, is supposed to be locking his leased land down after he buys it and is supposed to be putting up a high fence and charge for hunts. Im totally against this as well as many other neighbors. A few years back we shot a possible county possibly state record buck off our land, it crossed the river went ontoa good friends lease and wegot permission to to track across hisand find it.I found the last spot of blood on the land right at the fencethat the pro shop owner leases. Sowe packed up and headed back to thefarm, gave him a call and he refused to let anyone in there at all, not even if there were no weapons.The buck was never retrieved by us but is probably sitting on his wall. Ohh this gets better. After i had bought some arrows from him last year, I had heard from my wifes cousin who heard it from a friend of the pro-shop owner, that he was recently on the land with the pro-shop owner and apparently he has several huge activebunker feeders on the property for the deer. This is illegal in Wi. it seems he has so much pull as hes the mayors son. I will not step foot in his shop ever again after hearing about the feeders. The down fall of it is now the closest pro shop is 25 miles away, but I do have one right across from where I work. I am strongly thinking about giving the DNR an anomous tip about the bunker feeders on his property. Do you think I should?
If he fences the property, that will be more deer for you, because all wild deer have to be removed from there.
Old 05-02-2007, 06:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Fieldmouse

Guy's it's 600 freaking acres. Do you realise how big that is? If your bow hunting think of a 30 yd shot. I have no qualms about it for two reasons. One it's a place effectively managing their deer for profit. 2 If someone can afford it then great. Relax, you just found out there is another 600 acres you can't hunt.
x2

600 acres ain't no small place. And with limited places to run to, those deer are going to become skittish REAL FAST if they start getting a lot of pressure.

A canned hunt to me, is shooting tame/domesticated animals inside small enclosures (less than 100 acres). I don't even mind shooting pen raised quail (especially for training a new puppy, or keeping a dog in shape for an upcoming trip, the dog doesn't know the difference). If someone wants to pay money to shoot a domesticated animal inside a fence...heck let'em, its not like someone is forcing you to do it.
Old 05-02-2007, 07:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

X3... I'll leave it at that!

Quick Reply: High-Fence opperation in my area!! Please Read!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.