Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Ted tells it like it is, again >

Ted tells it like it is, again

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Ted tells it like it is, again

Old 04-21-2007, 07:21 AM

Default RE: Ted tells it like it is, again

I agree with his thoughts, but not the way he communicated them. I could have done without all the name calling psychotic rambling. That sort of stuff does not help our cause. While we may find it amusing (I don't actually) the people that oppose us just see it as another nut ball with a gun wanting to keep his gun.

If they were to start taking guns away because of mental stability or lack there of I believe Ted would be high on the list.

I have said it before, I often times think he does more harm than he does good just because of the way he goes about it. That sort of talk is ok when you are around others that feel the same way as you do, but when your not you just look sort of crazy.

Anyone else see it this way, or am I alone on that one?

My opinion anyway.

Paul
Old 04-21-2007, 07:43 AM
Typical Buck

I think Ted sometimes goes too far with his speaking but he does get the point across at what he is trying to say. I relegiously watch the guys show and have never heard something from him I thought was unethical or uncalled for.Weatherit be hunting or guns you can't deny the guy has passion for what he believes in.I know I wouldn't want to get into a "word war" with the guy. He has shut down the best of 'um and will continue too fight for his rights.
Old 04-21-2007, 08:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

Ted was on the Glenn Beck show last night. He really hammered home his point.

Glenn Beck is even on CNN, I believe. Gleen seemed to agree with what Ted said.

Being that CNN is a liberal station, hopefully there were some viewers that listened to what he said. Maybe some that were riding the fence saw things in a different light after tuning in.

Ted seemed to pass along his views in a more calm manner and really made a lot of sense without all the rambling he usually does. I'm just hoping that veiwers were swayed with is "matter of fact" approach.
Old 04-21-2007, 08:04 AM

He goes to far? this is what a liby wrote. Plate's artical, there is a link for it on the Nugent page of CNN. Nugent has no problem speeking compared to this guy. People are trying to take the blame from the crazy piece of garbage and put it on guns. Pisses me off to know end.

[quote]So let's just disregard all the hoopla about the race of the student responsible for the slayings. These students were not killed by a Korean, they were killed by a 9 mm handgun and a .22-caliber handgun.[quote\]

Old 04-21-2007, 08:04 AM

I'm with a lot of the people on here in that I don't always agree 100% with Uncle Ted.
As far as whether or not Ted went overboard with the name calling and "psychotic rambling," is his rambling any more psychotic than those on the extreme opposite end of the issue? Absolutely not!

If the american public is going to get one extreme's view shoved down their throats on a daily basis, they might as well get the other extreme's view presented to them once in a while as well!

Couple of favorite quotes of mine that come to mind:
"...from my cold dead fingers."
"If you outlaw guns, only outlaws will have guns."
"Guns kill people like twinkies made Rosie O'Donnell fat."
"The safest place to be when someone is pointing a gun at you is behind the barrel of one pointing back."
Old 04-21-2007, 08:06 AM

I agree, that was the point I was trying to make, we must have posted at the same time.

ORIGINAL: djschuett

I'm with a lot of the people on here in that I don't always agree 100% with Uncle Ted.
As far as whether or not Ted went overboard with the name calling and "psychotic rambling," is his rambling any more psychotic than those on the extreme opposite end of the issue? Absolutely not!

If the american public is going to get one extreme's view shoved down their throats on a daily basis, they might as well get the other extreme's view presented to them once in a while as well!

Couple of favorite quotes of mine that come to mind:
"...from my cold dead fingers."
"If you outlaw guns, only outlaws will have guns."
"Guns kill people like twinkies made Rosie O'Donnell fat."
"The safest place to be when someone is pointing a gun at you is behind the barrel of one pointing back."
Old 04-21-2007, 08:08 AM
Fork Horn

Get rid of the zones and make it harder for the nut jobs to get the guns like haveing phsycic evaluations
Old 04-21-2007, 08:37 AM

ORIGINAL: springcaller

I agree, that was the point I was trying to make, we must have posted at the same time.
Another quote about great minds comes to mind here

ORIGINAL: hallj86

Get rid of the zones and make it harder for the nut jobs to get the guns like haveing phsycic evaluations
I think you mean psych evals unless you want every person who wants to buy a gun to spend $1.99 a minute having Miss Cleo make sure they won't do anything bad with it in the future!

But in response to your intended point, Come on now, this is America. We can't blame people for their own actions!

Old 04-21-2007, 09:29 AM

have everyone that wants to buy a gun go thru a psych test?
Get real. Who would be in charge of this? Who would pay for this?
How long would this take?
Who's to say the psycologist giving the test would deny you because THEY don't believe in armed citizens? I am guessing that most of them are not members of the NRA?

Old 04-21-2007, 09:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Paul L Mohr

I agree with his thoughts, but not the way he communicated them. I could have done without all the name calling psychotic rambling. That sort of stuff does not help our cause. While we may find it amusing (I don't actually) the people that oppose us just see it as another nut ball with a gun wanting to keep his gun.

If they were to start taking guns away because of mental stability or lack there of I believe Ted would be high on the list.

I have said it before, I often times think he does more harm than he does good just because of the way he goes about it. That sort of talk is ok when you are around others that feel the same way as you do, but when your not you just look sort of crazy.

Anyone else see it this way, or am I alone on that one?

My opinion anyway.

Paul
Well put Paul.

Mythoughts exactly. Sometimes pushing too hard can do more harm than good. You have toknow your audienceand modify your thoughts in a way that gets your point across without being too aggressive toward your opponents.

That goes for any story, book, speech or seminar that you do regardless of the topic. As soon as you start name calling and such the people against you will feel attacked and automatically top listening to the message that you are trying to convey.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.