Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Scent-Lok Science Site >

Scent-Lok Science Site

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Scent-Lok Science Site

Old 04-15-2007, 09:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Scent-Lok Science Site

Members are free to provide whatever criticisms they want about a product and it's effectiveness and are encouraged to participate in civil debate.........but calling out a sponsor, or attempting to decidefor them and or HNI what is and isn't appropriate for a given forum is not the business of the members and I would discourage that behavior.
I would suggest that you allow us as moderators and adminto make the decisions on the forums,and simply respect them.

This isn't up for debate, if you (and by you I mean the membership as a whole) are interested in thetopic or products please participate in the discussion, if you are not and have a problem with how it is presented I recommend that you simply move on to another.

Old 04-15-2007, 09:47 PM
Fork Horn

As to what I look for in a scent containing suit:

Anything less is not going to get the job done.

Bloodhounds can track the car a person has been abducted in by the skin cells that slough off.

Any exposed skin is going to slough cells and scent.

Carbon is CONSTANTLY absorbing odors, even when you aren't wearing it. This limits it's life expectancy. How are you storing your suit?

Most carbon filters (air, water, aquarium applications) are considered disposable, rather thanregenerative (marketing or reality?).

Do I think Scentlok works? Well, I really doubt that it prevents deer from being able to wind you. It might lessen it, but not prevent it.

What I think this product (and tons of other products on the market) does is provide the buyer with confidence. When it comes to archery hunting, confidence can be a huge asset. I had a ten year old compound bow restrung one fall and proceeded to harvest a nice 10 point with it. I think it was mostly due to my new found confidence in my equipment. So anything you buy that boosts your confidence is huge plus.

All said, I have other "confidence booster" equipment needs before I buy into the Scentlok dogma.

This is America and the choice is yours.

Old 04-16-2007, 05:32 AM
Dominant Buck

Most carbon filters (air, water, aquarium applications) are considered disposable, rather thanregenerative (marketing or reality?).
To be fair, you can't use that arguement against scent lok. The reason those filters become useless is the plugging of them by solids(mud, poop and other junk)filtered out of the water.
Old 04-16-2007, 10:19 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: atlasman

Like I said earlier I don't want to hijack this thread
5-6-7 pages later you decide not to hijack? Gee Thanks.

Atlas I'm sure your well educated and knowledgable on many topics. But your presentation over the years has proved that your a "hater". If it's even somewhat fashionable your gonna slam it. Be it Book, Bow, or other Product.
I'm certainly not one to say you need to be a yes-man. But if you just posted a differring view without the need to commentand quote relentlessly..you would find yourselfmore accepted. I don't dislike you (not that you care) but when I seeProffesionals coming onto the site such as the Author or The Designerand you just try and beat them to a pulp it does the board a dis-service.I for one, welcome these people, and look forward to interesting discussions with a person in the Industry. Someone who directly puts products out there for us.
Old 04-16-2007, 10:38 AM

ORIGINAL: GR8atta2d

ORIGINAL: atlasman

Like I said earlier I don't want to hijack this thread
5-6-7 pages later you decide not to hijack? Gee Thanks.
You should actually read the thread because I tried to avoid getting off topic way back on page 3 when it was starting.........the hijack comment is nothing more then a repeat attempt......and you're welcome.

Atlas I'm sure your well educated and knowledgable on many topics. But your presentation over the years has proved that your a "hater". If it's even somewhat fashionable your gonna slam it. Be it Book, Bow, or other Product.
I shoot 2 Bowtechs, use a Summit stand, have a WB rest, have just about every gadget under the sun, own and read numerous books, and am always looking for something new that WORKS. How in the world you could call someone like that a "hater" of anything "fashionable" is beyond me.

(not that you care)
At least you got that part right.

but when I seeProffesionals coming onto the site such as the Author or The Designerand you just try and beat them to a pulp it does the board a dis-service.
I have done nothing of the sort............where did I show anything but respect for Nick in this thread??.......I have been very nice in my posting and simply asked a few questions. You are way off base.

As for the "author" he couldn't handle someone not liking his book........well sorry, I didn't. It's not the end of the world,deal with it.

I for one, welcome these people, and look forward to interesting discussions with a person in the Industry. Someone who directly puts products out there for us.
So do I.
Old 04-16-2007, 12:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Atlas,

Thanks for taking your personal time to take a look at the study. I trust that your conclusions would be my conclusions. I for one am done taking any more of my time to discuss this topic. People are hopless and willing to be taken advantage of. So be it.

The best scent suit I've seen mentioned so far is the space suit. That would likely work if you could keep it quiet.

Tom