HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Scent-Lok Science Site
View Single Post
Old 04-15-2007, 09:47 PM
jnrbronc
Fork Horn

Default RE: Scent-Lok Science Site

As to what I look for in a scent containing suit:

Anything less is not going to get the job done.

Bloodhounds can track the car a person has been abducted in by the skin cells that slough off.

Any exposed skin is going to slough cells and scent.

Carbon is CONSTANTLY absorbing odors, even when you aren't wearing it. This limits it's life expectancy. How are you storing your suit?

Most carbon filters (air, water, aquarium applications) are considered disposable, rather thanregenerative (marketing or reality?).

Do I think Scentlok works? Well, I really doubt that it prevents deer from being able to wind you. It might lessen it, but not prevent it.

What I think this product (and tons of other products on the market) does is provide the buyer with confidence. When it comes to archery hunting, confidence can be a huge asset. I had a ten year old compound bow restrung one fall and proceeded to harvest a nice 10 point with it. I think it was mostly due to my new found confidence in my equipment. So anything you buy that boosts your confidence is huge plus.

All said, I have other "confidence booster" equipment needs before I buy into the Scentlok dogma.

This is America and the choice is yours.