Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

mock scrapes

Old 03-13-2007, 07:24 AM

Default mock scrapes

I know the importance of an overhanging branch when making a mock scrape. What types of scent do you use on the licking branch or the scrape itself? Have mock scrapes worked for you?
Old 03-13-2007, 07:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: mock scrapes

A lot of times I rub the tarsal glands from a doe I killed on the licking branch. Other than that just plain doe pee. I have had mixed results as with anything. I had one last year though that went crazy and they are still scraping it!
Old 03-13-2007, 07:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

They work for me, but in a different way than you're probably thinking. I put them up for other hunters that I don't want around me. I know this may sound like a pretty shallow thing to do, but...

One of my primary places is on private property. I'm good friends with the owners sons, and they're all great people. But they let this one guy hunt over there and he's such a tard! I can't stand to be near him, I'm sure one day some poor hunter is going to be killed by this idiot. So I like to make up some mock stuff for him, to control where he goes. He is also fat and lazy, so as far as he's concerned, he's hit the jack pot when he steps into the woods and finds all this activity...

Meanwhile, I'll be over where there is some real action going on...
Old 03-13-2007, 10:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

I believe theinfamous Mitch Rompola stated that he killed his controversial world recored buck over mock scrapes..........If you can believe it........ just a simple statement, I don't want to start a "Rompola" thread!!
Old 03-13-2007, 12:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Killer_Primate

They work for me, but in a different way than you're probably thinking. I put them up for other hunters that I don't want around me. I know this may sound like a pretty shallow thing to do, but...

One of my primary places is on private property. I'm good friends with the owners sons, and they're all great people. But they let this one guy hunt over there and he's such a tard! I can't stand to be near him, I'm sure one day some poor hunter is going to be killed by this idiot. So I like to make up some mock stuff for him, to control where he goes. He is also fat and lazy, so as far as he's concerned, he's hit the jack pot when he steps into the woods and finds all this activity...

Hahaha! I love it!
Old 03-13-2007, 06:37 PM

ORIGINAL: Killer_Primate

Sure seems like alot of work for him to stay away from you, you must really not like this persons company.lol.
Old 03-13-2007, 08:21 PM

Take a rake and scraped away the earth until you get fresh dirt then pour CODE BLUE doe pee on the scrape, the put a little bit of the grass/dirt over the top to make it look Natural!! but any way you do it i would go with CODE BLUE!