Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Custom Turkey Calls, OH YEA! >

Custom Turkey Calls, OH YEA!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Custom Turkey Calls, OH YEA!

Old 03-13-2007, 05:31 AM

Default Custom Turkey Calls, OH YEA!

I just wanted to show off our 3 new Turkey Calls that we just received from Wendell Rye of LightsOut Calls And me and My wife couldn't be happier! He custom made them just for the sounds we ask him to, and he did it with flying colors.

I read a Link/post on these forums about him and his calls so I called him on the Phone told him what me and my wife were looking for(Should have heard that conversation two grown men purring and cackling on the phone)Anyways they came out great we had three made First a Zebrawood pot paired with a honey locust striker. Second a Cocobolo Pot paired with a bubinga striker, and Last a Bloodwood paired with a canarywood striker. I honestly couldn't be happier with these, and my wife was blow away by the craftsmanship and the little personal touches he added to her Cocobolo Call. Here are a few pictures, and please if ya talk to Wendell tell him we sent ya.

Here are the fronts:

Here is the Side view of the Pots:

and Finally the Backs:

Old 03-13-2007, 06:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Custom Turkey Calls, OH YEA!

Now those are some awesome calls! Not only do the LightsOut calls look incredible but they sound just as good! I'm constantly trying to stress just how much more authentic a top quality custom call sounds! The ONLY time a Gobbler has ever heard sounds like these.... they came from a REAL HEN! The mass produced, hollow sounding, plastic junk calls mass marketed by numerous complanies can't even begin to compare. I'm constantly surprised by the number of folks that have never ever seen or heard a true custom call. You guys have GOT to try some and see for yourselves! Good luck and good huntin' and thanks for the great pix.
Old 03-13-2007, 01:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Those are sweet looking. Where do ya find em? I saw a few on ebay, but none from anywhere else.
Old 03-14-2007, 05:13 AM

ORIGINAL: titleist_03

Those are sweet looking. Where do ya find em? I saw a few on ebay, but none from anywhere else.
His Website is http://www.lightsoutcalls.com you can pretty much find everything you need right there. He does list some calls on ebay, but you can really get custom by calling/emailing him with wood types, sounds, surface and so on. he is great to work with.
Old 03-14-2007, 05:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

Very nice calls!
Old 03-14-2007, 05:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Wow, that is some cool stuff. You need to copy this to the Turkey hunting posts.