Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 thoughts on whisker bisquit >

thoughts on whisker bisquit

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

thoughts on whisker bisquit

Old 03-08-2007, 01:34 PM

Default RE: thoughts on whisker bisquit

Thank you all for your abundant replies. You've given me a lot to consider. I guess this is why I joined this forum. I'm new, but I can already see I'm going to enjoy this.
Old 03-08-2007, 03:04 PM

ORIGINAL: MB77

I have aslo been thinking about this rest. Now after hearing everyone praise it I have made my decision!
It's the most popular hunting rest for a reason.........enjoy. My brother and I shoot 3D quite often with our WB rests and our scores dance around 290.I shoot in my yard all year longas well.........grouping fixed blade heads out to 50 yards. It is more accurate then I am capable of being.

All things consideredyou made a good choice........plenty of good rests out there that could do the job no doubt.......just not as well.

Have fun.
Old 03-08-2007, 05:00 PM
Super Moderator

Looks like a successful rest for many archers. For me total containment is on the bottom of my list for a hunting rest. If my arrow falls off in a shooting situation, its not the rest its the archer. So for that reason and a few other the WB is not for me. Neither is the QAD. Owned one of those also and though its a nice rest, I had a small issue with it that I could not fix.

I am looking to buy another Schaffer or may shell out the big bucks for the Vapor Trail Limbdriver rest. Its supposed to be very accurate and many 3Ders/hunters are raving about it.
Old 03-08-2007, 10:58 PM
Site Bouncer

I think the main reason I like the Whisker Biscuit is it's simplicity. There are no moving parts to fail........ever. It's basic, sturdy, reliable and accurate. The other reason I like it is my arrow stays put no matter where my bow is. It doesn,t flop around like in some so called "containment" rests. Sure on those the arrow won't fall out of the rest......but it flops around in the rest, so unless you cover every inch of the "containment" area with mole skin, the arrow could make noise banging around. With the W/B there is none of that because the soft bristles keep the arrow right in place quietly.

For me it's not, and has never been about my arrow falling off in a shooting situation. I shot a prong style rest for years and never had an arrow fall off when I was drawing. What it DOES do for me is now I'm able toeasily keep my bow in hand at all times. Now I'm able to rest the bowon my lap without having to keep my finger on the arrow, Ican move into a different shooting position at a moments notice without worry of my arrow falling off or flopping around in my rest.

I feel the noise issues with the W/B during the draware way over rated. I have been hunting with it for years and have never spooked a deer due to the noise. Like I have said more than once, my clothes make more noise when I draw than the Biscuit.

There is a reason why it's the best selling rest on the market....because it works, plain and simple. I have absolutely no issues with warped vanes......I did, but I found out I was using the wrong size opening. When in doubt go with the next size larger. The only part of thebiscuit that should betouching thearroware the bottom black bristles. I switched it out a few years back with the next size larger and it's all good now.I shoot whatever cheapo 4 in vanes my ProShop carriesat about 270-275fps with no damage at all.

IMHO it's the best hunting rest on the market today.....hands down.
Old 03-09-2007, 07:44 AM
Boone & Crockett

PM=Private message...........a way to communicate with other members about things without starting a thread in the forum or taking attention away from one that already exists
They are not priviate either the Mods can read them.