Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Whisker Bisquit

Old 06-03-2003, 03:40 PM
Typical Buck

Default Whisker Bisquit

Do any of you use this rest? If so do they slow your arrow down and are they
noisey? I would be shooting carbons if I decide to go with this rest.

THANKS
Old 06-03-2003, 03:46 PM

Default RE: Whisker Bisquit

Noise probably depends on your arrow type. Some have a rougher finish than others. You' ll lose a little speed 4-5 fps IME , which really is not enough to worry about. I like mine a lot and I was a huge skeptic when they first came out !
Old 06-03-2003, 04:17 PM

I too was very sceptical when I got mine. I' ll never go back now, never. I can say without question I' ve harvested several deer that would have been almost impossible with my old fork-ed one.
As for speed, I shot a group of three arrows with feathers and with vains both at 20 yards. The vains were 2" lower. Even if you shoot vains I still believe it' s the rest to have.
Old 06-03-2003, 04:54 PM

I really like mine too. For hunting, imho, the whisker can' t be beat. Check out this review. If nothing else, you' ll learn something. http://www.archeryworld.com/bows/testtune/whisker.nmpl

good luck
3 step
Old 06-03-2003, 05:02 PM
Boone & Crockett

I used the bisquit for a couple years and went to the Muzzy Zero Effect when it came out. I like them both very much but will stay with the Muzzy. The new Bisquit that allows easy loading of the arrow looks very inviting but I won' t be swayed [:-].
Old 06-03-2003, 06:42 PM

The bisket may not be the best rest for tournament shooting but you can' t beat it for hunting. Don' t have to worry about your arrow falling off your rest if you bump a limb or draw in an odd position in a tree stand and that can' t make a big differance
Old 06-03-2003, 07:37 PM

2Huntis2

Very interesting! Just curious. How did a " Whacking Basket" make it possible to harvest several deer that would have been impossible with an
" ole forked horn rest?" That just does not make sense.

I can say without question I' ve harvested several deer that would have been almost impossible with my old fork-ed one.
!

Buckshot47

Why is the " Basket" not good for tournaments, but good for hunting?

When you say that a " Basket" saves you when you draw in an " odd position," are you saying that you actually tilt/cant your bow right or left to an extreme that an arrow would fall off a standard rest, but you are still able to hold a proper anchor, and a proper eye to sight to target. If you tilt your sight/pin, does not the elevation and windage change?
Old 06-03-2003, 07:37 PM

Delete repeat.
Old 06-03-2003, 09:23 PM

I have been using the whisker biscuit arrowrest for over four years. It is a very simple rest to tune, its exceptionably quiet, and its very accurate as well. I shoot carbon arrows through an aluminum biscuit. I use three straight fletched Duravanes on my arrows and I lost one FPS compared to a prong rest. How many FPS you will lose is going to depend on how fat the arrow is and how much fletching is going through the biscuit. The Carolina Archery Products website has both pictures and tips on how you can modify the biscuit to make it have very little resistance for the arrow. Essentially you flatten the biscuit by cutting the bristles with a pair of sissors or even toenail clippers. Smooth arrows are quiet on this rest. Rough arrows will be noiseier than smooth arrows unless you take the time to wetsand them so they are smooth. I have used this rest in all kinds of weather and its never let me down. Rain, snow, sleet, or high winds this rest gets it done every time without fail. I routinely shoot mud and grass covered blunt-tipped arrows through this rest when it rains and I can' t wear it out. If anything this rest is even softer and quieter than when it was new. This is a true bowhunter' s rest and I believe it does the job better than anything else out there.
Old 06-03-2003, 10:58 PM

" ……and its very accurate as well."

Rests are not accurate. A rest only holds the arrow. If the design of the rest capacitates reliable effectiveness, and the rest is properly adjusted, the rest is only part of several tuning aspects that assists in enabling accuracy.

" It is a very simple rest to tune." .....but!

1. " How many FPS you will lose is going to depend on how fat the arrow is and how much fletching is going through the biscuit."
2. " Carolina Archery Products website has both pictures and tips on how you can modify the biscuit to make it have very little resistance for the arrow."
3. " Essentially, you flatten the biscuit by cutting the bristles with a pair of scissors or even toenail clippers."
4. Rough arrows will be noisier than smooth arrows unless you take the time to wet-sand them so they are smooth.

" This is a true bowhunter' s rest , and I believe it does the job better than anything else out there."

" I routinely shoot mud and grass covered blunt-tipped arrows through this rest when it rains…." ????

" If anything this rest is even softer and quieter than when it was new."

In other words, the rest wears, and in doing so it is reasonable to believe that the supporting tension and height has changed; and those changes will affect nock height and flight.

Everyone to their own, especially if they are satisfied. However, I just cannot see how supporting a shaft on brush-bristles that wear, break, loose resistance, and " whack" the fletching, can be good.

Quick Reply: Whisker Bisquit

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.