Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Looking for bow suggestions.... >

Looking for bow suggestions....

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Looking for bow suggestions....

Old 02-16-2007, 02:15 PM

Default RE: Looking for bow suggestions....

Anyone familiar with the Bowtech bows that Sportsmans Warehouse sells with their label on it? I think it's called a Bowtech Vital Shock, well I am 100% sure on the Bowtech Vital part but not sure ont he shock part. Anyways just curious as the local Sportmans Warehouse has em onsale atm for the next two days. Can pick one up on a complete package for right at $400. I know it's better then the PSE bows around that price range but want to make sure it's a solid deal. Salesman says that they are made by Nowtech specifically for Sportsmans Warehouse.
Old 02-16-2007, 02:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

ROSS ROSS ROSS
Old 02-16-2007, 02:52 PM

I looked at Ross but way out of my price range. Trying to keep this as economical as possible.
Old 02-16-2007, 03:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

I would take a look at Reflex. They really are great bows for the money. I shoot a Highlander and absolutely love it. I think I paid about $300 for it. Best $300 I ever spent. I shot bows that were $500 more than this bow and they all felt the same to me. I bought the bow and in 2 weeks I had shot 2 deer with it. My buddy shoots an Excursion which is a little cheaper than my bow but he really likes. Just last week he shot a rabbit with it at 30 yards so accuracy isn't an issue with these bows. There smooth, fast, andI got to tell you I fell no shock when shooting it. Best bang for the buck IMO.
Old 02-16-2007, 03:12 PM
Giant Nontypical

im picking up an 06 for 400 over on AT
Old 02-16-2007, 03:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ohh and I forgot to add that there made by Hoyt so you know there good.
Old 02-16-2007, 03:25 PM

There are so many great bows out there. But for your price range, I would definately take a good look at Reflex who make some maginificent bows, Fred Bear has a few great bows out. Also don't forget about Diamond, which is made by bowtech, they also make one heck of a bow for the money. Those are just a few names for ya, but definatley make sure that you get to shoot as many models as possible, and choose the one that you feel most comfortable with. Take the time to shoot a lot of bows, you've got plenty of time til' bow season.[8D]
Old 02-16-2007, 04:20 PM

Problem I am having is drawing anything over 50# draw weight hurts my left shoulder. I injured my left rotator cuff a few years back and it has never been the same. Sportsmans Warehouse only had 60# and 70# so I wasn't really able to try much. All the shops I went to said I'd probably be ok with some practice and be able to build up the muscle but I am leary of investing that much cash and then end up right where I am or going with a 50# bow and finding out over time all is well and i need a 60# or so bow. Then again I don't want to try and over do it and end up hurting the shoulder again.

The ones I looked at today were package deals that came with everything but the release and arrows and the Bowtech at Sportsmans was the best feeling and best deal at $405 for the whole package. I went to Bass Pro to look at the Reflex but left as their customer service sucks misserably and got tired of waiting. Outdoor Outfitters only carries one package deal and it's a PSE and only comes in 60# or 70# draw weight.

Now my draw length measured at 29" but the 60# set to 51# at a 27.5" felt fine but the guy said I wasn't pulling it back far enough. So I am a tad undecided on the best route to take at this point. Basically I am wanting a package setup for around $400. Many of the bows suggested so far for around that price are just bows and would require buying all the remaining peices.
Old 02-17-2007, 08:47 PM
Typical Buck

Just take your time and keep doing what your doing. Which is research and asking folks questions. There is nothing worse than buying something that your unhappy with. Heck you got plenty of time till bow season
Old 02-18-2007, 07:38 PM

okchunter

You can look at the Bass pro shop there in Bricktown or go to Academy sports I think there are two of them one is off of I240. PSE's are not bad bows. Actually I don't know of a bad bow just bad shooters. . I picked up a Firestorm lite at the first of the year for 299. , plus a dozen carbon force arrows. The bow was stripped and I am not much on packaged deals. I would rather have accessories I am comfortable with.