Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Looking for bow suggestions.... >

Looking for bow suggestions....

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Looking for bow suggestions....

Old 02-13-2007, 01:09 PM

Default Looking for bow suggestions....

Ok I am thinking about buying a bow and taking up bow hunting this year to give me more opportunities to shoot some deer and such this year. Anyway I am looking for suggestions on a good beginner bow for a reasonable price. I don't want to spend a tone of cash on my first bow but I want one that will last me some time till I become proficient enough for a pricier bow.

Also info on what all I would need to get started in bow hunting. Should I go for a package deal or buy everything seperate? Anyways any insite you seasoned bow hunters can offer would be great.
Old 02-13-2007, 03:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Looking for bow suggestions....

Your best bet would be to go to your local Bow shop and ask for their help. Im sure they will get you pointed in the right direction. The Reflex Bows are a good bow for the $. They are made by Hoyt and they will not rock your pocket. Im sure you will get alot of help on this site. There are some Top Notch Bowhunters that will help you out for sure! GOOD LUCK!

Hatchet Jack
Old 02-13-2007, 04:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

You do not know what you are getting into, if you like it you might as well sell your guns. I would just go to a pro shop.
Old 02-13-2007, 04:55 PM

like hatch said, go to a local archery shop who offers quality service. they should be able to set u up with a good bow without paying a lot of cash. how much are u willing to spend?
Old 02-13-2007, 05:00 PM

Thanks for the info everyone. I will definitely be going to a local shop and looking around. I was figuring on spending around ay $400 at the most. Hopefully I can get enough info to know which brands to stay away from and which ones to really look at. Hopefully I can get down to look at them this weekend.
Old 02-14-2007, 04:54 AM

Are there any particular brand of bows in the $300-$400 range I should look at over others? Probably going to head to a shop here in oklahoma and look at what they offer and hopefully find a knowledgable salesman.
Old 02-14-2007, 05:07 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: okchunter

Are there any particular brand of bows in the $300-$400 range I should look at over others? Probably going to head to a shop here in oklahoma and look at what they offer and hopefully find a knowledgable salesman.
Shoot them all ... I mean shoot them all ... you decide ...then report back with pics!! keep in mind, if the bow is bare, you'll need $300+ to outfit it ...
Old 02-14-2007, 05:22 AM
Typical Buck

If I were you go to a pro shop and take a close look at the Bowtech tomcat.
Old 02-14-2007, 09:42 AM

i would to a local pro shop and talk to them.i have a parker buck hunter and its a good bow and it was 250 package deal.
Old 02-14-2007, 09:47 AM
Spike

Fred Bear and Primos The Truth. High End Bow with a middle end price.

Quick Reply: Looking for bow suggestions....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.